New Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiloxiBrew

Reaction score
Greetings from Coronado CA. New brewer here setting up to retire to Biloxi MS. Rumor has it that it still isn't legal to home brew in Mississippi, but I still haven't found definitive proof one way or another. I couldn't be happier with my new found hobby and would be incredibly disappointed if I have to stop. Any idea if this is in fact true? Thanks Y'all

BiloxiBrew, small world, I was born/raised in Ocean Springs. Right accross the bridge from you.

Thankfully the beer law has recently changed in MS, but i'm not exactly sure if theres been a homebrewing bill made along with it. Under MS law, it does not state that it is legal to homebrew, but it does state it is legal to make homemade wine up to (i believe) 14%, but gives no stipulations as to what is 'homemade wine'.

There is a brewery in Kiln, MS you definitely need to check out, Lazy Magnolia Brewery. My favorite they make is Jefferson stout. They used to sell grains and hops and whatever else to home brewers back when i Interned there in college. Which has been a while, but they still may continue to do so.

I'm sure your enjoying the blistering heat and humidity, ahhhh what I don't miss about Mississippi....

Wake-Forest,
I certainly cannot wait to return to the coast and get my gills back in functioning order so I can breath the humidity. I have contacted the manager of the Brewery and have been invited to visit. Looking forward to it. I actually did find the laws of the state and it appears that I will have so lobbying to do upon return. I expect that I will be looking to the HB Forums for support in my effort to get the law changed. Ocean Springs is a great town.

Back