New Brewer in KY!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoodleIsAShark

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

New brewer up here in Northern KY (just outside of Cincinnati OH) by way of Virginia!

Been a long time lurker just out of curiosity about home brewing and finally decided to start brewing as a hobby this year!

I have grown up around home brewing since I was pretty young. My uncle has brewed as long as I can remember and still does to this day. He has been a huge help in getting me started. Ive brewed 1 batch of ginger wine and many runs of Kombucha in my life and have always been a big fan of kitchen projects to my wifes dismay :-| (if brewing goes well, I think she may be happier about this project).

Anyway, looking forward to posting, learning, and growing over time!

Thanks

Welcome from Missouri, neighbor. If you're looking to learn you've found the right place. Lots of knowledgeable brewers on this site, willing to help. Cheers!

There are several brew clubs in the Cincinnati area and 1 in Northern Kentucky. Also a couple of homebrew stores in Cincy. I'll dig up the links for ya...

I'm in Kenton County!
I'm in Florence.
Was a member of Blotarian League on and off for several years. Mostly for the discount at Listermann's. Now an AHA member for several years. The brew shop on the west side of Cincinnat is never open, the two I knew of in NKY have closed . The shop on the east side has some what limited selection, Jeff is a great guy and always helpfull but the tap room might be his main focus.
CMI and NK Brewers Guild are there but I haven't been to a meeting.

Back