Need ideas for a keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrmojo

Reaction score
I would like to build a keezer but not the normal depth. I would like to have one that is only one corny deep or one carboy deep. Do all the freezers have refrigerant lines running on the sides? The easiest fix for me would be to narrow down a new keezer. I'm thinking that's not possible but I've never worked with a freezer before.

Any ideas? Any info on the guts a freezer? Is it safe to assume there are lines on all four sides?

In a chest freezer, yes that would be a safe assumption. How long would you need it? A 5 cft Holiday freezer isn't much deeper than a carboy off the shelf....

Most chest freezers seem to have lines running on all walls.

I have a fermentation closet that I made by attaching the guts of a dorm fridge to a panel to place in the door, works great..

I had an idea to do a keg system with this method, in a package like you mentioned..Future project!

Basically my thought was to build a wooden box(one box wide, however long), seal it up, insulate it really well, etc. The cooling element from the fridge would be mounted inside somewhere, the compressor on the outside of the box..

Good luck however you go about it!:tank:

OK I'm scrapping the carboy depth. I would like it the depth of a corny. Length isn't an issue. I plan on this being my bar setup. The typical Keezer is too deep for my project.

Looks like I'll be building out of scratch. I don't have that much faith in my refrigerant skills.

Too deep, I'm guessing.

Are you planning on building this into the bar? That was my idea too..

hmmm. Yep, she may be right. From here it sounds like it's getting pretty deep. Kinda glad I wear boots!:D

You planning on putting this under a bar? If you haven't already done it, take a look at some of the bar setups shown on this site. There are some really awesome setups and may spark an idea that would allow you to utilize an off the shelf item vs needing to re create the wheel.

Yeah I've been looking(a lot) at the projects that are posted. The 7 cu ft freezer is too deep for me. I didn't want to take on a complete DIY out of scrap but it looks like I will have to take that road.

Thank though

Back