Need help from jockey box people

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alucard1983

Reaction score
So I have a new first time jockey box. There is 24 feet of 1/4 od copper tubing. This weekend comming up I am going to the in laws house *shutter*. So a while ago I made a jockey box but only tested the connections or leaks. I have a hefe I want to bring with me. It is currently on 15 psi and fully carbonated. When I get there it will be about 72f. Do I have to carb it up more for thethe Change in temp and what should I have the psi at when doing the pouring?

If you are going to be serving from a keg that is that warm you will need a 120 foot coil. Your 24 ft will do very little. The tubing should be stainless not copper. Copper will react with the beer and should be avoided. For 50ft you would want a 5/16" tubing. Anything longer is usually 3/8" with a length of 1/4" as a choker. You should still be icing the keg when using a jockey box. You should try to keep keg temps under 65 degrees.

okay so I carb my beer in a kegerator at about 12 psi around 42 degrees. I have access to a 50' SS jockey box and was planing on using it at a family reunion. I live in PA and the event is in Virginia about 8 hours drive. i was thinking of transporting it in another cooler with ice on its side and then transferring it to a bucket with ice. now if i keep up on the ice in both the bucket and the Jockey box how long can i serve beer with like this. is a jockey box only good for one day events or can i get it to last the weekend. i hope this question isnt somewhere else spent a fair amount of time looking

If you keep the keg iced and the cooler full of ice you should be fine for a weekend. Because of the large amount of tubing you usually need 20-30 psi to push the beer. Make sure you turn the regulator down and purge the excess pressure when you aren't serving ( like in the middle of the night and morning) so the beer doesn't overcarbonate.

If you keep the keg iced and the cooler full of ice you should be fine for a weekend. Because of the large amount of tubing you usually need 20-30 psi to push the beer. Make sure you turn the regulator down and purge the excess pressure when you aren't serving ( like in the middle of the night and morning) so the beer doesn't overcarbonate.

okay cool, thanks a alot

Back