Trouble with DuoTight system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle.muramatsu

Reaction score
I am excited to set up a keg in my fridge, but when I use duotight on the beer out I am getting all foam. When I hook up a tap directly to the standard ball connect, I get non-foamy beer (PSI is currently set a 8 psi). You can see this in the pictures below. I initially thought there could be a diameter jump from the line to the shank causing foam, I tried two different ways of connecting to the shank you can see below (ignore the cheap beer I am using for testing). Any suggestions?

Here are the parts list:
Torpedo keg
Duotight flow control ballconnect
EvaBarrier Tubing (8mm OD, 4mm ID)
Shank with DuoTight Connect
Perlick Faucet

Here is the alternate shank connects:
1/4" barb coupler
Duotight to 1/4"

View attachment duotight.jpg

You’ve probably already checked this but have you adjusted the flow control on the ball lock duotight?

Others that that the length of tubing for counter pressure should be around 5-6 feet. Yours looks short

Is the foaming consistent for multiple pours, or just the first one? Not saying that’s the issue; rather, it would be good to rule it out when isolating any faults.

If the line length was way too short I'd expect to see clear beer being shot out of the faucet.
What I'm seeing is something other than a line length problem - the beer is almost trickling out of the faucet and what little volume there is is full of gas.
I don't know anything about that beer QD but that would be the first thing I'd change out...

Cheers!

You've got flow control on both the QD and the faucet? Maybe too much. What happens is you open one of them all the way?

Back