My yeast washing was successful; Pacman!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsellout

Reaction score
So I made a starter tonight for Saturdays brew (my first AG) using Pacman. I was worried about whether or not I did everything right, but I popped the airlock on the yeast container and it smelled just like beer..wonderful wonderful beer, so the yeast is good. Hopefully the starter does well.
I have 4 packets of Pacman smack packs and it says to use within 6 months of MFG date. The MFG date was 26Dec06, so does that mean 26June I should have used all of them? How long are these viable for?

Thanks

Dan

I used my first packet of Pacman about two weeks ago (also dated Dec)- no starter, but smacked about a day prior to pitching. Very good activity in about 15-20 hrs. I then reused the Pacman yeast cake whole, pitching a Pale Ale right on top, 5 days later for a second use. 5hrs in was quite vigorous. Thinking about using it again this weekend for one last, third, batch.:mug:

Yeah I love Pacman because it ferments in the low 60's which is perfect for my garage...plus it finishes really clean. My current batch is fermenting vigorously at 62 degrees...can't wait to taste it.

Dan

Back