My Scottish Export Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVKTR2

Reaction score
Just wanted to sharer the label for my second brew.... and yes I know that consumption isn't spelled correctly, I corrected it and added some contact info before printing it. Fwiw as much as I like this label, the beer's even better and that's what really counts!

CrabbitLassieLabel.jpg

Thoughts????

Schlante,
Phillip

i especially like that you can see the stitching. the wings were also a nice touch.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I earn my bread as a graphic artist, so I'd better not be producing crappy labels! The background is my Clan's Tartan (not McCooley-there's no such thing, I've used my actual clan's tartan - Clan Donald, hope they don't mind... I'm by no means current on my dues). My Brewery's name, Clan McCooley Nano Brewery, takes it's name from my Scottish heritage and my great grandfather Dooley Cooley who was a bootlegger of beer during prohibition. We have a great family story about the sheriff coming out to the house and searching it looking for his stash.... didn't find it! It was hid in the walls! I'm just carrying on an old family tradition! :ban:

The central image of the very classy lassie is just a downloaded image. Google image search for Pin Up and you'll have plenty to choose from. Be aware you'll need to have safe search preference on or else! I've always had an appreciation for vintage nose/tail art on aircraft, mild cheesecake photos from the 50-60's, and fun pin up stuff. FYI a crabbit lassie is a disagreable/headstrong/hardheaded woman. Also anyone intrested in doing a tartan background needs only to google "Tartan wallpaper".

Glad yall enjoyed it.
Schlante,
Phillip

Back