My New Brew Rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveo929

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I've been eyeing up all of your brewstand ideas for months now. I had some friends of mine who are welding experts put this together for me and took it on it's maiden voyage the other day. Check it out:

DSCN0037.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

The next step is to get a better false bottom so I can do a direct fired RIMS. As you can see I have to insulate my mash tun on a different platform so it doesn't catch fire! Any Ideas to help with this? I'm brewing today and I may try to heat from underneath while stirring.

I just moved from an apartment balcony to this and it's so amazing! Loving being able to use a hose...such a small thing to most people but huge to me!

Nice stand, Bobby M has a thread about insulating for direct fire mash tun. Also, Not to dog your set-up but doesnt that gas pipe get hot being that close to the burners. I ran mine at the bottom to keep all that heat away from it.

Thanks, I'll look for that thread. I haven't really noticed the pipes being hot...and that's because I'm always wearing a glove when I brew!

Sometimes my roommate forgets how ridiculously hot the bottom ring of a keggle gets and gets a serious reminder when he goes to dump it by grabbing the bottom with a glove.....burns right through it!

Back