My Memphis Belle themed brew sculpture

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBEWJamie

Reaction score
Just got my brew rig finished (for now, lots of room for expansion) and she's got one brew under her wing. Thanks for looking!!!

IMG_20140614_210137_064.jpg

IMG_20140614_210246_635.jpg

IMG_20140614_210419_684.jpg

IMG_20140614_210535_753.jpg

IMG_20140614_210517_199.jpg

I like how it tips. That should prove handy. My dad built the runways in the Philippians while a seabee in WWII for the planes to get close enough to Japan to do the bombings.:rockin:

I like how it tips. That should prove handy. My dad built the runways in the Philippians while a seabee in WWII for the planes to get close enough to Japan to do the bombings.:rockin:

I bet you have heard some good stories!!

You should paint bombshell silhouettes for every beer you make on it.

OT:

That seems like a b-24 Liberator, with an insane amount of bombshells on its side.

I guess I'm not wrong when saying that each bomshell represent one mission with dropped payload? My question. I guess the bombs represent amount of missions the aircraft has returned from?

In Europe, american bomber-crews were on a 24-mission duty cycle (afaik). They took huge losses during the start of the american bombing campaigns in German skies, and reaching the 24th mission was unfortunately not everybody did. But as all Europeans, we are undescribable greatful for the sacrifice.

And yes, I see it's a painting :)

Yes. Men but the aircraft or the crew?

After 25 missions the crew was done with their tour. The Memphis belle crew flew 25 missions but the belle herself flew 24 missions. She was in repair for one of the crews missions. I would have to look a some pics but I think the belle has 24 bombs painted on her.

Sent from my DROID4 using Home Brew mobile app

After 25 missions the crew was done with their tour. The Memphis belle crew flew 25 missions but the belle herself flew 24 missions. She was in repair for one of the crews missions. I would have to look a some pics but I think the belle has 24 bombs painted on her.

Sent from my DROID4 using Home Brew mobile app

The info that I posted earlier was what I was told on a behind the scenes tour of the Memphis belle. They said that she was going to have the paint job of her last mission and that was her 24th. Her 25th mission was to tour the USA. I have looked on the web but cant find the info to back it up. so I am going to end with, :smack: I don't know but if I can find anything I will post it.

I was lucky enough to fly in a b-17 this summer it was amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

My grandfather was a B-17 pilot. His bomber jacket is one of the ones on display at the Smithsonian air museum at Duller.

Back