My lucky day!!! (Basically free kegs)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben25

Reaction score
So I was over at my beer store picking up some flip top bottles, and apparently they're closing in a few months (which sucks) but the guy there said "hey I have some Cornelius kegs too if you want them". I was expecting the average price, but he gave me 3 of them for $5 a PIECE!!!! I wasn't planning on kegging anytime soon, but I guess my mind just got changed! :mug:

Thats exactly what I did. One of them was almost full when he gave it to me, I don't know what it was, but it was chunky.

I put Oxyclean in a aluminum pot and ruined it, not sure what a corny keg is made of but the Oxyclean won't hurt the metal it's made of?

(yup, I dug up an old thread using search)

Thanks! :cross:

Corny Kegs are stainless, IIRC, so oxyclean wont hurt it in any way shape or form.

Actually Oxyclean is one of the best ways to clean them!

do you guys fill the kegs up full or just with a couple of gallons? and shake it often?

Heh, I work in Williston too. Where do you work?

The homebrew store is Vermont Homebrew Supply in Winooski.

Home

I filled my kegs full with an oxyclean solution, worked fine.

I work at ST Griswold (concrete company) on Industrial ave. I go to VT Homebrew all the time, didnt know they were closing. Where do you work?

Back