My favorite country songs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to respond to this thread is making my computer work to the bone. I'll still keep posting till it quits working

Nicely sung song b the Grand Old Opry singers

If this crap computer cooperates I'm going to find Johnny Cash and June Carters perfect version. I can't find it but here is still a nice one from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably under folk than country, but today I heard John Denver "Rocky Mountain High" on the radio for the first time in a long time, nice song.

Seems as though all the links are not working right now. Hopefully in a few days they will. HBT just did a huge makeover.

My Dad liked this song. I remember him teaching it to me in the early 70's, I was 8-9 years old.

I suspect most of you know what comfort food is?

For me, this is a comfort song.

Maybe I didn't see him because I only went through about 10 pages of this thread and gave up, but not a single mention of David Allen Coe?

This thread is effed up. Doesnt show the songs that were posted. After post 324 songs show up. HBT did a makeover and not all came out right but they are working on it.

There are more than a fews David Allen Coe songs here.

Here's another song from my dad.. I learned it back inthe early 70's same time I learned about the Deep In The Heart as Texas song. And for what it's worth this one (less the video) is the exact one Dad played me back then.
Dad :mug::mug::mug:

This thread is effed up. Doesnt show the songs that were posted. After post 324 songs show up. HBT did a makeover and not all came out right but they are working on it.

There are more than a fews David Allen Coe songs here.

What was the purpose of the makeover anyway? All it did was make me have to look for stuff I used to know where it was.

My Dad liked this song. I remember him teaching it to me in the early 70's, I was 8-9 years old.

I suspect most of you know what comfort food is?

For me, this is a comfort song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXEZuAfxT3I

When you say teaching do you mean on an instrument? I ask because I play guitar...did we discuss that already?? I don't remember :(

No JGLN. I'm sorry for that confusion. After I posted it I wonderd if it might bring on that illusion. My Dad had an ancient reel to reel recorder. We just had fun singing songs in it, priorities in order.

I wish I would have had the discipline to learn the guitar .. but was a bit lazy in that regard.

But, my brother and son are pretty good at it. There is a magical trait all about it. I think making music is an outflow, for the creativeness in which each one needs to grow. For me it was a little bit different. Played a harmonica a while, it was time well spent.

This one is not country. But it could be, would just depend on how creative the country singer who tried to take this icon song on.

One of my favorite country artist and sure I put this song on before, but not this video.... I don't think... :D

One of my favorite songs. Hale! I'll probably forget I posted and post it next month again.

Once again it's very likely I posted this song before.

I'm still liking it though so if I did post before I apologize.

Mountain Music, Alabama

Same apology as above.

Eighteen Wheeler, Alabama

I had to get put blank filler in the last page or two For whatever reason, once 8-13 videos are posted on the same group of ten post or on just one.(a killer) My computer has to work hard to keep up. RAM, Video Driver, Processor... I don't know but it really mess with my computer

Anyway, last one (or two) for the night :mug:

Rocky Mounain High, John Denver

The next song I am positive I have posted here before. But a favorite none the less.

Man it takes me back... even if it wasn't to West Virginia but to my home in Illinois.

The love he sings about is not where I grew up but sentiments similar. I think that is why this song has been a favorite for so long. It brings many of us home.

Country Roads, John Denver.

Yup. Being from WVA I love this song. Sometimes I just really wanna pack it in & go home. I posted that one earlier...good song. Take me home,down country roads...take me home,down country roads. The last pic in the video looks a heck of a lot like one of the bends in the road on our mountain. Makes my heart ache for home.

Yup. Being from WVA I love this song. Sometimes I just really wanna pack it in & go home. I posted that one earlier...good song. Take me home,down country roads...take me home,down country roads. The last pic in the video looks a heck of a lot like one of the bends in the road on our mountain. Makes my heart ache for home.

Being at Mountaineer Field listening to "Country Roads" is just under singing "Sweet Home Alabama" at a Tide game on my bucket list!

Sorry if this doesn't fit just right, but I just came back from a trip to Cape Cod. It was hot, sunny, and surf and sand...

Being at Mountaineer Field listening to "Country Roads" is just under singing "Sweet Home Alabama" at a Tide game on my bucket list!

Somethin like that. When you're from there,it's more like "man of constant sorrow".
[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8&feature=related"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8&feature=related[/ame]

Easyrider, er Unionrider :D I'd never heard that song till tonight. Thanks. Also heard the name of the movie it came from but never what I thought that movie was about. Got to rent it now! Or soon...

Easyrider, er Unionrider :D I'd never heard that song till tonight. Thanks. Also heard the name of the movie it came from but never what I thought that movie was about. Got to rent it now! Or soon...

Er, yea, rent that movie now. It's on my Top 10 ever list. Seriously. I KNOW you'll like it Dan. (we are talking about Oh Brother Where Art Thou, right?)

Er, yea, rent that movie now. It's on my Top 10 ever list. Seriously. I KNOW you'll like it Dan. (we are talking about Oh Brother Where Art Thou, right?)

Hey Pappy! Yep that's the movie.. should have known it was one of your fav's.

I put this on at the beginning of this thread, forgive me.

JC is my all time favorite.

My name is Sue, now you going to die!

Sixteen Tons What Do you Get?

BTW did I mention Johny Cash is my 2nd favorite idol and John Wayne is #1.

Goes without saying.

I saved that version of the song too. Good one. Reminds me of shovelin big mountains of hot sea coal we used in the modling area. Took all night to clear a mountain of that stuff the size of a small house.
Hard times...now I'm payin for it.

I saved that version of the song too. Good one. Reminds me of shovelin big mountains of hot sea coal we used in the modling area. Took all night to clear a mountain of that stuff the size of a small house.
Hard times...now I'm payin for it.

Amen brother.

Youth and immortality go together...

It makes me think of this.

i was young when i left home bob dylan original

Back