My favorite country songs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pappy..still listening? Thank you my friend. I' about to edit the first page with the numbers of songs sent, probably a third or little more, from me and the rest from great people who just post some songs.

Thanks Pappy.. You are a great man.. now get posting some more country songs my friend.

Seriously Pappy, thanks! Someday I'm going to open up a bit. Need some advice form you. Cheers my friend. :mug::mug:

I know that one is a bit "pop", but I always liked it. What to you call that? Pop country?

A lot of the songs posted here are "Western" which is different and also very great.

I'll be out there in July for a family vacation. It'd be great to get together. I'll be in SF.

San Francisco? I'm about 3-4 hours away, short trip. Would like to meet you Pap, and your family as well as introduce mine to yours..

Now post a song man! :)

I can't tell you how happy I am after clicking this.

I honestly thought I would going to see links to Rascal Flatts and Keith Urban videos. Or one of the 345987345872345 new "country" songs about how cool it is to be a redneck.

Glad I didn't let you down. Please enjoy the music ahead!

Cheers to you!

not exactly "country" but great songwriter.

one of my all time favorite songs

and a classic....

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this live album, one of my favorites from it
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU9hWiYjVTY[/ame]

a couple Little Willies songs, first one Lou Reed, second a cover of Gotta Get Drunk
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywtm5VqwdRQ[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg2jn-Ha1-0[/ame]
always liked this song-
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1onAfREa4[/ame]

I posted this next song on the first page.. I replace the name Amanda (in my noggin) with my wife's name.

Here's to you my girl.

I'm alive and awake.. Here come some songs!

Louisiana Saturday Night.

Man I miss John Belushi. His brother Jim is awesome. Just wish John was still with us.. Here's John Belushi and Dan Akroyd singing together in the old days.

Ray Charles, John Belushi and Dan Akroyd.. "Everybody Needs Somebody"

Might not be the original from the movie.. Still loving this.

Jail House Rock.. uhmmm Never want to go there.

Here's the song.

I might have posted this song before.. but didn't post the original video from the Blues Brothers

Okay, ok.. I took this thread sort off of topic. No rules here. Just post music you enjoy and share...

I think I'm done for the night, getting late.

Ah heck, who am i trying to kid. I'll probably post a few more before the night is out.

BTW jgln, Jim. You probably wont even look at this post till you are back working the graveyard Sunday night. Please post a song when you have the time.

This next tune is not country. I don't always listen to country music. My favorite music speaks to my heart.

Next song, Nothing Really Matters, from Queen. '

Maybe not quite country, but it has an intro by Wolfman Jack- how can you go wrong?

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC_WgcqwdUc[/ame]

Some great stuff on here, I like nick 13's country albumn.

A psychobilly playing country I think he did a good job.

I'm in a patriotic mood.

Is this next song country?

It is about our country!

Land that I love, same as most Americans.

[

gotta love Ray Charles, I played that song during our 4th of July fireworks a couple of years ago, and had the ladies crying!

Here's another favorite Ray Charles song of mine... this one is DEFINITLY country! :mug:

This thread introduced me to Scott H. Briam. So much win.

Any other recommendations along the lines of Scott?

Cheers Dan,

Just had a check on Spotify and it is rife with his stuff. Any other artists I should be looking up?

Like Scott Biram? I don't know. Just learned of him on this thread as well. But if you are also in to Blues, can't go wrong with Muddy Waters! Here's one of his famous classics.

A couple of 70's classics that I when I hear them I can't help but listen (and get a good laugh)

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdgKkjM4DTs[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRXcZgQmMrg&feature=related[/ame]

Jamey Johnson- one of the best of the newer artists
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P_NsxIBNVM[/ame]

I humbly say this is one of your finest posts CW. You have posted many very good ones, this to me just hits a spot. The first two songs above are a bit nostalgic for me. The song sung by Jamey Johnson came out a few years ago, to me it was an instant classic.

Great job CW! :mug: Thank you!

Back