My ESB Recipe. Critiques please?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drakeskakes

Reaction score
So my last "Help me recipe" was my Saison...
Thanks to the help of HBT, the advice you gave me resulted in a great beer. So, hopefully you guys can help me with my first ESB.
The FG never comes the same from program-beer so disregard that part of it
Basically I'm working with the hops I have on hand from my saison which are traditionally used for ESB without Hellertaur, but it helped get my IBU where I needed it to be.

The reason for the London Yeast is because the last stout I used was great, using the London Ale Yeast. I plan to drop the stout on the same yeast after I keg the ESB.

Thank you in advance

ScreenShot2013-02-07at80417PM_zps49726ff9.png

I don't think you need that Victory malt in there.

If you have the have the Hallertauer in there I would swap it with the EKG. I'd rather have the aroma of the EKG for an ESB and not Hallertauer. It might hide the Hallertauer flavor better at 30 minutes instead of 5.

I don't think you need that Victory malt in there.

If you have the have the Hallertauer in there I would swap it with the EKG. I'd rather have the aroma of the EKG for an ESB and not Hallertauer. It might hide the Hallertauer flavor better at 30 minutes instead of 5.

The Helletuar isn't really neccessary, but since it's such a clean hop I didn't think it would be as noticeable. I can drop it, but my IBU will be around 31 or so unless I make the late additions a little earlier. I'm still playing around with it in BS2

I meant "have to have it" as in not replacing it with a more suitable hop.

It will probably hide well. I just wouldn't use it near the end where it has more of a chance of coming through.

Back