AI Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dovage

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had a bunch of left over malts from different batches that I wanted to use up. So i used and AI program to make a recipe based on the available ingredients. Ill put the recipe below. It doesn't fit into any BJCP category though, other then Experimental, so where do you think it fits best? Do you think it will make a nice beer?

For a 3 Gallon Batch
4 oz Carafa 2
5 oz Cara Pils
6 oz Crystal 120
6.2 oz Black Patent
6.5 oz Pale Chocolate
7.0 oz Crystal 40
7.0 oz Roasted Barley
2 lbs Maris Otter
5 lbs 2 Row
1 oz Hallertau 60 min
1 0z Hallertau 30 min
Lallemand London ESB English Style Ale Yeast

I realize it is a bit much of the same as far as malts but I think I'm going to brew it and see what happens.

With 25% non base malt and an English yeast you might want to mash low to keep it from getting too sweet. Without the AAs it is hard to tell but seems like the IBUs might be light for the gravity.

Did the AI use all of the ingredients and quantities you feed it or did it adjust some of them?

With 25% non base malt and an English yeast you might want to mash low to keep it from getting too sweet. Without the AAs it is hard to tell but seems like the IBUs might be light for the gravity.

Did the AI use all of the ingredients and quantities you feed it or did it adjust some of them?
It didn’t use all of the ingredients. It actually split it into 2 recipes one is a Amber and was pretty straightforward. The one I posted it said was a porter but it was just outside the range on Beer Smith.

So has anyone used the BeerBlender AI Generator program site lately? A few months ago when it first popped up I played around with it just for fun. On a whim I tried it again yesterday. The page opened up and I filled in some entering arguments, but then all I got was "the spinning beer mug of doom" and nothing got generated. Wondering if it just isn't being supported and/or moderated. It doesn't appear to have been pulled down, but nothing gets generated. TIA.

Back