Coors banquet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bud has a competition every year amongst all of it's breweries. This video is on YouTube, but I don't remember the name of it. I will try searching again later today after work. It gives up a few things, but not very much. Their mash schedule will be based entirely by there raw ingredient numbers.
Yes pls post a link of the video :)

This isn't the video I was referring to but, I will keep looking. I found it through watching this in suggested videos via a Yuengling documentary.

This isn't the video I was referring to but, I will keep looking. I found it through watching this in suggested videos via a Yuengling documentary.

@ 4:50 did y’all notice that dark grain they’re using? Wonder what that would be labeled as

They mash in at 109°, then slowly bring it up to mashing temperature

They lager/carbonate for 21 days

I know it’s bud, but coors probably doesn’t do much different

That's it, nice Google fu!

At one time Bud experimented with blowing air through the boiling wort for increased break or some such benefit, I never found out if it had positive results.

You can see by the size of Buds fermenters that they are under a good bit of built in static pressure. With that pressure they are going to package in under 28 days.
I kinda skimmed through and watched but didn’t get any info out of their mash schedule.. did I miss something?

I kinda skimmed through and watched but didn’t get any info out of their mash schedule.. did I miss something?
I remember them stating they doughed in at 113 and only a couple other little things throughout, like I said they don't give up much. Doughing in low in with an adjunct beer eliminates dough balls and gives limit dextrinase time to work as you heat to gelatinization temp for your first rest. It really works well and I recommend it if you can heat your mash.

Back