My Apartment Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muse435

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finaly got the green light from SWMBO for a keezer, with restrictions. I was allowed no more than 5 cu ft and put on a budget. In the future I plan on making a taller collar and adding a mini shelf on the ledge to allow for for kegs, but as i only have two right now it will be perfect.

IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

What else you got on that circuit? I foresee tripping breakers in your future.

Nice one...

Holding off on doing one too... For one thing, I'm not kegging just yet... For another, I think I need to make a fermentation chamber first... Then, I can make a beer chiller/keezer... :D

I don't know how to post from picasa, but here are the links

To embed from picasa, all you need to do is on the right hand side of the window, click on "Link to this photo". That will give you a few more options.

Check the box for "Image only. No link."

In the "Select Size" drop down, select the size of the image you want.

Copy the URL in the "Embed image" text box.

In HBT, click on the "Insert Image" icon.

Paste the copied URL into the resultant dialog box.

It will work just like this:

2010-12-05%2016.50.17.jpg

Easy Peasy.

So after several complaint of it being an "eye sore" from SWMBO, I decided to put on a facade and paint the lid with chalkboard paint.

IMG_6553.JPG

IMG_6552.JPG

IMG_6558.JPG

IMG_6554.JPG

Looks great so far! Would the freezer close with the kegs in it? I'm asking because I want to use a freezer with picnic taps and just open it to serve for a while. Eventually I'd like to have faucets and a collar, but I literally don't have any tools or space.

Looks great so far! Would the freezer close with the kegs in it? I'm asking because I want to use a freezer with picnic taps and just open it to serve for a while. Eventually I'd like to have faucets and a collar, but I literally don't have any tools or space.

Yes, This is the GE 5.0 CU FT freezer and two 5 gal corny kegs w/ hoses will fit w/o the collar on it. I do not yet have faucets and all I currently use are picnic taps. Originally i would pull them out the gently close the lid for easy accesses, then drilled holes in the 2x4 collar, now I'm back to pulling the picnic taps out when I want a beer.

I will tell you all of the tools I used were:

Power Drill
Phillips Screw driver
drill bits for pilot holes
1 in drill bit for shanks (original collar had two holes)

I had Lowes cut my wood for me, and used silicone to attach the collar.

The biggest piece of advise I can give about building a collar is make sure you get strait, unwarped wood. Mine only sits right after a lot of sanding, a few extra dollars would have saved me a few hours of sanding. :mug:

Back