Muddy Creek Brewery: Hot Break!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We brewed a Kolsch a couple weeks ago (ya, I'm not going to go dig up the o with the accent symbol...) That should be about ready in another couple weeks. Some other things have happened that I ought to update you guys on should you still be following...

We were fortunate enough to hire a fellow a few years ago that grew into a really good brewer. He was from the Portland area and had just moved to MT. Anyway, about 3 years and some very good brewing later, he decided to return to Portland. As always there was a lot to the decision. It was difficult and emotional for all of us. He has landed a gig at Thunder Island on the Gorge though, if anybody is from that area.

So, one of the questions we always get from our customers - "Now that Chris is gone, are you not going to brew the beers he came up with anymore?" Well, some of you probably already know this answer, but of course we will still brew Ry Dog Red and Ornery Goat. The brewery, obviously, owns the recipes. They also own all my recipes and the recipes our "Walter White" came up with. That's just the way it works. As with any business that creates sellable assets, your employees all sign a non-disclosure, non-compete agreement that makes it clear their contributions belong ultimately to the business. Having worked for years in the software industry, this, of course, is second nature to me. However we have any number of customers who are surprised about this.

We hired a fellow about 6 months ago to help out in the brewhaus and get some experience with our system and our processes. He has classes from our local college in brewing as well as a business and brewing degree from a college down the road. Where our previous brewer was passionate, Patrick is cerebral. I've enjoyed working with him and he helps make the loss of Chris a bit easier.

Anyway, nothing very exciting to report. Just trying to be less invisible than I was in the past.

Happy Nearly Independence Day Folks!

I hope everyone is well. We are about to release our first ever Kolsch. I'm excited about it. We're informally calling it "Lawn Mower" although we know due to infringement we can't use that name in our formal releases.

Not much to report. Just enjoying the summer and playing with a few new beers. Hope you guys are all having a GREAT summer.

I just saw your post on the other thread.
As a restaurant owner I can only offer condolences and prayers. Do not give up on your dream. We have faced a few trials and tribulations over the years. I have watched by sister and her husband go through some as well.
Do not settle for anything less than full restoration from your insurance company. Keep hounding and asking for it , do not settle.
Make sure you're taking care of your employees as best as you can. Hopefully you can get back open in a hurry and be able to get back your crew.
Make sure you're continuing to market to your guests through email, Facebook, Instagram and others. Keep them informed of your progress. Try to turn this into a marketing opportunity. Thanks the fire personnel with a keg of beer when you get back open. Brew a beer and somehow work fire into the name put it on tap.
Hopefully you will continue to post here as well.
Hang in there, this too shall pass.

Attachments

• 2D6020B1-4B88-4FCC-8A61-D26F3ECB7F53.jpeg
    2D6020B1-4B88-4FCC-8A61-D26F3ECB7F53.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 82

Latest posts

Back