I've gone pro!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velnerj

Simul justus et potator
Reaction score
I have to keep pinching myself! I've just entered the wide world of professional beer... Well kind of...

You see like many of you I'm an obsessed homebrewer who works in the corporate world to make ends meet and put food on the table. We work hard so we can brew hard.

An opportunity came up for me to do what I am doing (procurement) but in the beer industry. So I took a stab at it, and sure enough, I found myself employed by one of the greatest international beer conglomerates in Europe.

I'm not purchasing hops (at least not yet) but I have a good sense of pride in knowing that I am contributing to the beer world everyday. Plus the benefits are awesome!

I still get to be a homebrewer and go to work in the world of beer. It's perhaps the best way to go pro.

Cheers!

That's awesome. Congrats!

I often think maybe I'd want to be a brewer, but then I feel like it'd ruin the hobby for me as it has for so many others. Then again, I feel like my homebrewing hobby is in somewhat of a low point at the moment. Probably a good time to get into the beer industry. Haha!

Congratulations!
If there is ever an opening for a machinist, hit me up.

I pretty much said good bye to all my home brewing when I opened up my Brewpub in Missouri. I still help my home brewing friends repair and troubleshoot. But all my brewing time and energy go into the business.

Back