MoreBeer customer service

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bitty

Reaction score
I just dealt with MoreBeer customer service for the first time today, and I feel compelled to post about it.

I bought the fancy 6 kilo scale with gram accuracy from them a couple months ago, and had intermittent issues with an "Out2" error. It worked enough of the time, so I kept putting it off. It got progressively worse, so yesterday I finally broke down and contacted them about replacing it, expecting a big PITA process and a hassle about waiting so long.

Got an email today, saying a replacement is on the way. No follow up questions. Okay, says I, but what do I do about shipping the bad one back? "There is no need to return the defective unit." :eek: Apparently this issue can happen during shipping where it gets banged around so hard that it damages the load cell.

Needless to say, I'm extremely satisfied with their customer service. :mug:

Apparently this issue can happen during shipping where it gets banged around so hard that it damages the load cell.

It also mean that they buy the units so cheaply that the profits more than cover the need to return defective units to the manufacturer for replacement. ;)

GilaMinumBeer said:
It also mean that they buy the units so cheaply that the profits more than cover the need to return defective units to the manufacturer for replacement. ;)

Or they contact the manufacturer and don't pay them. And both parties are smart enough not to waste money shipping broken equipment across the country

I find all my interactions with MoreBeer to be the same as yours. Their really helpful and quick to replace any defective stuff you buy.

doctorRobert said:
Or they contact the manufacturer and don't pay them. And both parties are smart enough not to waste money shipping broken equipment across the country

This. Shipping is so damn expensive anymore. The manufacturer and more beer certainly have an agreement worked out for scenarios like this.

I had a mix up on my last order and morebeer corrected the issue and shipped a replacement next day. Great service IMO.

I have had the same experience with Morebeer (Northern Brewer and Adventures in Homebrewing too). In general, now that you mention it, I would be hard pressed to think of any consumer area where I have received better customer service than in the area of my homebrewing purchases....

Great Customer Service!
I had a faulty CO2 manifold that they sent me. They mailed me a new one, along with a $20 gift card.

Back