Me and my beer just got our own place!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok everyone, stand back, Creamy is here to clear up confusion and return sanity to this thread!

Stop laughing. Seriously I can do this.

Anyway, lets start from the beginning. This is Bobbilynn. Her hubby is laid up so she moved her set up to her shed. Good idea if you ask me. Bobbilynn, this is the drunken mumblings forum... you get all kinds here. Including one guy who randomly mentioned trolls. Lets ignore that, I dont know what he was saying about non-sequitors but I sure do like IPAs. Gang, this is Bobbilynn... she's been drinking beer happily in her new shed and getting confused by that one guy. Now that we have the premise set up I will start.

Hi Bobbilynn! Welcome to this forum of fruits and nuts! Congrats on the brew shed!

Anyway, lets start from the beginning. This is Bobbilynn. Her hubby is laid up so she moved her set up to her shed. Good idea if you ask me. Bobbilynn, this is the drunken mumblings forum... you get all kinds here. Including one guy who randomly mentioned trolls. Lets ignore that, I dont know what he was saying about non-sequitors but I sure do like IPAs. Gang, this is Bobbilynn... she's been drinking beer happily in her new shed and getting confused by that one guy. Now that we have the premise set up I will start.

Yep, that guy set me off, then it was just ranting about men and how they can suck many times, but I know, you guys are good people or I wouldn't keep hanging out here! Yeah, I got drunk and pissed at men, didn't take but a little comment, I take it wrong, and I turned on all of you in a flash!

Thanks, hangover isn't too bad. I'm sure you've been called worse things for no good reason, it'll be okay!!

We need a thread of just Creamy, Cheezy, Zul'jin, and Bobbi posting back and forth.

I have a feeling the topic would not follow a straight forward path.... Back and forth and up and down, and what??? Everyone trying to tell us to back off the homebrew!!

And I swear, reading back... something is missing... must have only seen it in my own head!! Or maybe it's the power to edit a post... who was that other guy that made me mad and where did he go?

I have shed envy . . .

garden-shed-1-57613.jpg

shed-3-57615.jpg

shed-2-57614.jpg

http://pinterest.com/poppytalk/backyard-cottages-and-sheds/
http://pinterest.com/gardenerseden/garden-hideouts/

Those are some nice sheds, mine's bigger. But, I'd have to clean up the junk around it to make it that pretty.

And to clear things up more... Who called me a troll in a shed just trying to get attention? Since I also do my arts and crafts out here, I'm gonna make 2 troll costumes, invite that guy over and we can duke it out!!! Now that would be fun!!!

Love the chairs on that one. I would almost think to consider having a conversation about maybe moving out of the city if I was promised a shed like that. Nah.

So, Bobbi, I take it you are Dan's friend outside the forum? That's pretty good credentials/references.

In Sweden and Denmark, there are large areas with gardens for city dwellers, where you have your plot. Many have put up sheds in their plot, outfitted to be places they can spend the night, socializing with friends and other gardeners. Very cool.

I would almost think to consider having a conversation about maybe moving out of the city if I was promised a shed like that. .

See my post above, Creamy, about the Scandinavia garden plots for urban dwellers. This is just another example of how the quality of life in Scandinavia is better than here. Except of course for the sun setting at 2 pm at this time of year ;)

Pappers I have often threatened to expatriate to Norway... usually during election years.

People think I'm exaggerating, but if I were a recent college grad, I would do it. The one thing that I would miss is the diversity in this great land of ours - there's just so many of us and so many nationalities here, there its much more homogeneous.

Now, I'm too old, I couldn't learn the language well enough.

There's community gardens in NYC. There's actually one where I work an there's TONS in Brooklyn. My aunt and uncle were members of a whole community farm for a long time in NJ also.

Jeez Bobbi, leave the man alone... he already told you he was getting elderly. Last thing he needs is a full-on troll fight.

Jeez Bobbi, leave the man alone... he already told you he was getting elderly. Last thing he needs is a full-on troll fight.

OOh, will make it easier for me to win!!! Please come over? It'll be fun, I promise.

Why will you have to move it back into the main house?

Not sure why, maybe we can live together here forever, life is good!!! Suddenly I no longer feel the need to dress up like a troll and fight, things are looking up!

Airborneguy said:
There's community gardens in NYC. There's actually one where I work an there's TONS in Brooklyn. My aunt and uncle were members of a whole community farm for a long time in NJ also.

Where in NJ?

In post #59, is Bobbi talking to herself?! I'm confused. Creamy, translate!

I had a daydream about things we could do for fun... then typed. Got my sewing machine out and thought we were still making costumes....

Ah, yeah, maybe someone else could translate better...

Pappers copped to tormenting BobbiLynn

And I think he admitted to something he never did... some other mystery person actually was the tormenter. But I figured, if pappers wanted to fess to it, I'll just take him as a replacement duel partner.

Pappers copped to tormenting BobbiLynn (joshingly) so she called him out to a troll-costumed fight. A troll duel if you will...

Yes, to be clear, since this is oh-so-confusing, I never called BobbiLynn a troll. That was another cranky old man.

I would never fight with BobbiLynn, because, well, I'd get hurt.

If it were an online troll duel, that would be unfair - never conduct an online troll duel with someone who can edit your posts ;)

The confusion is great here. I like it. It's like verbalizing what Dali was thinking as he painted. Does anyone else smell a unicorn?

its great to have your own place to call your brewery. i bought a house a year ago and the brewery is now where the garage used to be. before that i brewed on the a second story deck of our apartment. i fermented in a fridge out in the shed that was just barely big enough to fit a fridge. Now i have a real home brewery with a table two converted fridges, one to serve, one to ferment, plenty of space to brew and getting a stainless steel sink soon!

Latest posts

Back