Md Brew Day - January 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Wes, although it is not yet carbed, I sampled the Schwartz, even with my crazy ferment temps, that is a damn good beer. COlor was darker than I thought too.

It looked brown when we were brewing it, I was hoping for black. IN the sample glass it was much closer to the right color, but still a little too light. Needs carafa if brewed again.

Hey Wes, although it is not yet carbed, I sampled the Schwartz, even with my crazy ferment temps, that is a damn good beer. COlor was darker than I thought too.

Mine's carbed up pretty good now. I'll bring some along to brew day for some analysis. The color on mine seems dark enough for a schwartzbier.

So who is sending out the address? I am actually going to make it this time :)

No business trips, no events scheduled, and the wife is working that day.

I spent over an hour bottling a batch today. Thank god I only bottle one or two batches a year, that is some tedious stuff.

Old Ale. FIgured it should be bottled to age a bit. I only ever age the bigger beers and eventually the sours too.

No Cigars? :(

Nope, unless they have something decent at the duty free in the airport tomorrow. I didn't get to leave the resort once and they shop here had some decent stuff but they were at least 20 a piece. They did have a montecristo habano that I really wanted but I think it was $24

Al, I may be backing out of the saison. I have not yet brewed another beer that I have been wanting to get done, and I don't see any other date in the next several months I will get the chance, so I may just do it at your place. Plus, I have not had a chance to track down the chai. Let me know if this messes you up major and we will make it work.

Al, I may be backing out of the saison. I have not yet brewed another beer that I have been wanting to get done, and I don't see any other date in the next several months I will get the chance, so I may just do it at your place. Plus, I have not had a chance to track down the chai. Let me know if this messes you up major and we will make it work.

I was excited to do it, but I can understand.

How 'bout we make this a solid plan for the spring brewday? Should make for a nice summer drink just in time for the heat.

It is the concecration clone. I have had the grain and hops weighed out for over a month, but have not been able to carve out the time for it. I seriously need for my work/personal life to get out of the way of my brewing life...

Al, I did just pick up some chai tea bags from the local Wegmans. If you want we can still do it, but I will not be able to get the actual chai mulling spice in time.

It is the concecration clone. I have had the grain and hops weighed out for over a month, but have not been able to carve out the time for it. I seriously need for my work/personal life to get out of the way of my brewing life...

Al, I did just pick up some chai tea bags from the local Wegmans. If you want we can still do it, but I will not be able to get the actual chai mulling spice in time.

No worries. Let's plan for the Mar/Apr brew day for the Chai. We can do some research and get all the spices we need.

I don't want to add tannin into a brew with the tea. Let's hold until we have the mulling spices are and set to go.

im brinign some breakfast stout... because jezter said so.... might bring some blueberry wheat.... and ill bring some flat 2 month old lambic... but you cant have any.... i will also bring all my awesomeness!

Hoooooray beer :redstripevoiceguy:
What else is everyone else bringing for sampling?

Since I am unable to bring beer (have yet to make any), I can bring along my humidor which has almost an entire box of Partagas in it, since I see that we have some cigar smokers in the group. I can't remember off hand which style it is, it's small. About a 15-20 min smoke.

Jay

Back