Masstoberfest 09/20

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working 7-7 Thursday night, I'll go home and do some errands to get ready for the pah-tay then I'll join you guys at the pub of your choosing. I'll probably be a wicked Nancy and fall asleep in the booth after a pint. That will be wicked fun.

Does this mean i get to have lunch with a bunch of guys? WOOHOO!

I will be headed up from Attleboro if anyone is interested in truckpooling...

Het BigJohn,
These are not the druids you are looking for.

They aren't going to OO's with your SWMBO. You should just turn around, head back to work and have a tub of yogurt for lunch.

You can go about your business. Move along. Move along.

Do they still do the Cajun mussels with a lobster special on Fridays? I used to love to eat that when I lived in Easton.

I can't say. I never went there for the food. I used to go to the Natick location before it closed so I could get a Growler. They have some really awesome beer. I hope they decide to expand in Southboro so they can get back to brewing in house. I beleive there beer is now brewed @ Opa Opa.

So I'm lining up brews for the pahtay. On tap I'll have:

Porter Square. My porter recipe. Serious good beer.

A Helles. I did a 10 gallon batch 2 weeks ago, transfered to the secondary yesteday and put the two step to it and will put it in the fridge tomorrow. I'll rack next weekend and put the gas to it. Should be crystal clear.

I just made a 10 gallon batch of my wheat beer, Dirty Water Brews Weisse, that is bubbling happily away. It will certainly be ready in time.

I have a trade promised from Big John and Melana, a keg of EdWorts Apfelwien for a keg to be named later.

I also have a half keg of my Mother McRees Steam beer that I'll break out as a last resort, I left it too long with the dry hops in and it's a little over the top for a steam. I'm drinking it but that doesn't say much, I'll drink anything.

I have a batch of a sour ale downstairs that I need to check on. I brewed it in March, if it's good I'll keg it, if not, we won't mention it.

And I think I have a half dozen 22's of the 888 left around here somewhere, and a few of the brews I got in swap.

And I have wine up the ass. We'll have plenty-o-beer for general consumption, plus what ever anyone brings for judging.
PTN

Sounds like a good start :cool:

I have like 5 kegs in the chest freezer. I need to carb some and check the carb levels on others. I haven't even tasted most so...will see what is good and bring some with me. I am hoping my hobgoblin clone turns out good...only tried the real thing (bottled) once...and I loved it.

Any suggestions on food items to bring?

-Will

So I'm lining up brews for the pahtay. On tap I'll have:

Porter Square. My porter recipe. Serious good beer.

A Helles. I did a 10 gallon batch 2 weeks ago, transfered to the secondary yesteday and put the two step to it and will put it in the fridge tomorrow. I'll rack next weekend and put the gas to it. Should be crystal clear.

I just made a 10 gallon batch of my wheat beer, Dirty Water Brews Weisse, that is bubbling happily away. It will certainly be ready in time.

I have a trade promised from Big John and Melana, a keg of EdWorts Apfelwien for a keg to be named later.

I also have a half keg of my Mother McRees Steam beer that I'll break out as a last resort, I left it too long with the dry hops in and it's a little over the top for a steam. I'm drinking it but that doesn't say much, I'll drink anything.

I have a batch of a sour ale downstairs that I need to check on. I brewed it in March, if it's good I'll keg it, if not, we won't mention it.

And I think I have a half dozen 22's of the 888 left around here somewhere, and a few of the brews I got in swap.

And I have wine up the ass. We'll have plenty-o-beer for general consumption, plus what ever anyone brings for judging.
PTN

You're really trying to rub it in Paul...

OK I have one request. It's actually more of a suggestion. Everyone bring a peach to the party. I made a desert yesterday that is just so unbelieveably good that I'll make it at the party. I took two peaches and cut them in half and layed them on a plate with some brandy for a half hour. Then I dipped them in sugar and layed them in a frying pan with some butter over low heat until they were softened. The butter and sugar turned into a thick syrup. After about 15 minutes I added a half cup of brandy and torched that off and served it over ice cream. To borrow a phrase from Thedude123 Wow!

Paul

I was wondering were all the other masshole brewers were? Apparently goin to Stoughton on the 20th :)

Sound like a blast, I'd love to meet up with others....gotta see what the schedule is

I'm going to do my best to get out, but weekends have been a bit tougher since the_Wife started classes up again. I've got to do a lot of solo-parenting on weekends, but I still *might* be able to slip away for the day.

Jay,
Worst case scenario is you bring her along. Stop in, say hello, stay awhile, take her to the Childrens Museum, come back, stay a while, go home. If you like, I'll see if my daughter is going to be around, she might be willing to watch her for a while. She's almost 22, going on 7, they'll have a great time together.

Paul

I was wondering were all the other masshole brewers were? Apparently goin to Stoughton on the 20th :)

Sound like a blast, I'd love to meet up with others....gotta see what the schedule is

The schedule is... Show up whenever you can get here. Laugh, bullsheet, eat, drink. Repeat as often as your time permits. Go home when you need to.

OK, here is the 'on tap' lineup for Masstoberfest.

I'll have a keg of Appfelwein that I got in trade from BigJohn and Melana for a keg to be named later. It's over 6 months old and I had a taste of it when I got the siphon going. (I'm wicked old school.) It is great!.

This morning I kegged five gallons of a wonderfully sour lambic that I brewed on my birthday. (March 2, in case anyone wants to bake a cake) and it is GREAT, even flat!!!! I kegged 10 gallons of my DWB Quabban Wheat. (I used my new favorite wheat yeast, Safbrew WB -06. I've used it before and I really like the profile. Nice and tart, not as bannana and clove as a Whiehanestephan.) Plus 5 gallons of my Porter Sq (Probably my favorite recipe), and 5 gallons of a Munich Helles, based loosely on BierMunchers recipe, which is quite nice.

I'll also have 3/4 of a keg of Mother McRees Steam that I dryhoped too long and it's harsh, I'll break out if we get crazy and kill everything else, and 1/2 keg of a Wheihenstephan.

If anyone is going to bring a keg you are certainly welcome to bring whatever you like, but if you have something different, well, diversity is the spice of life.

As far as the judgeing, bring whatever you are proud of. Don't be afraid of getting hammered by critics, no-one will speak harshly about anyone elses beer (or I'll have BigJohn talk to them.) This is a low key gathering of friends, not a competition for money. We're just sharing our beer with brewing friends.

Paulthenurse

Sounds like a fine line up Paul!

Well, with one obvious exception.... Does he really want us to taste his ASS? I've been world class drunk before, if there were a drinkin' Olympics I'd be Micheal Phelps. Hell, I woke up under a pickup truck on Duval St in Key West in 1980 when the owner started it up in the morning. I've got a NY Yankee tattoo on my ass cause I lost a bet. I've got the whole 'alcohol/bad idea' thang down pat, but I've never had an urge to 'taste Bird ass.'

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

PTN

Back