Masstoberfest 09/20

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... try a sample of my first all grain and tell me whats wrong it..It's kinda harsh but I need other opinion..My wife thinks it's really bitter.

Not an expert here, but let's try to sort it out:

How about giving us an idea of ingredients and procedure, and maybe where you may think something may have happened, or you were not sure about?

Is the beer still young?

You've done quite a bit of extract recipes with great luck. Did you use same equipment, other than the AG-specific stuff?

I just saw Sumo at Modern brew in Cambridge. I had to pick up a few things and had a bunch of guys try it. They seem to like it. It might have had an off flavor, but overall, I guess they like it.

Hey guys,
Remember that lambic that I was serving at Masstoberfest? Well I bottled up a few and sent them up to Maine for the NE Regional Homebrew Comp and won a gold medal with it.

PTN

Congrats Paul! That is huge man! As I recall you had a few really tasety beers on hand that day not just the Lambic. Congrats again! It is definitly something that we all strive for when brewing. :mug:

So does this mean first round is on you?

Hey guys,
Remember that lambic that I was serving at Masstoberfest? Well I bottled up a few and sent them up to Maine for the NE Regional Homebrew Comp and won a gold medal with it.

PTN

Congrats Paul!!:mug:

+1..You had some very tasty beers that day..I can't wait to try some more...

Way to go Paul!! And to everyone that didn't care for it, here's mud in your eyes... (even if it is an aquired taste)

Way to go Paul!! And to everyone that didn't care for it, here's mud in your eyes... (even if it is an aquired taste)

Ah that would be me, however you will never get me to drink lambic.. or beets for that matter.. he could have made the yummiest beet pie in the world, and its still beets yuck! But I would still give him props.

Hey guys,
There was a lot of discussion at both Masstoberfest and at the Utopia Brew Day about winemaking. I started a thread here so we can discuss it and perhaps join our resources together and do a group wine crush. There's just something about yeast. Those little barstards get in your blood and you can't look at anything with sugar in it the same way again. All you local aspiring wino's should check it out.

PTN

Back