March Pump Screw Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutty_gnome

Reaction score
Quick question: What is the thread pitch on the #8 1-1/4 inch round head screws that hold the pump head to the rest of the March 815 pump?

Reason: I want to start storing my brewing hardware outside. Because it will freeze over the winter, I want to remove the pump head after each use. The phillips head screws are not what I want to be fiddling with in the cold. I'd like to replace the screws holding the head to the motor housing with decent socket cap-head screws. Can anyone give me the pitch of the #8 1-1/4 inch stock screws? The pump is in storage and I'd like to have the screws on hand when I put it in the new location. Thanks!

Here's another thought:
After the clean/rinse cycle, why not blow the last water or Starsan out? That way you won't need to remove the head each time. Just put a cap or hoses on the ports so no water gets in.

I don't know how many screw/unscrew cycles the pump body could endure.

Or store the whole pump inside, away from frost.

McMaster 92185A199 is what I used to replace my ones on my chugger pump. 1" long 8-32 pack of 25. I can ship yah some I have extra if they work for a March pump.

Thanks guys! If it were simple to store the pump aside from the rig, I would. But that would require some thought and tool time. I'd rather spend it turning a few screws and making beer. Thanks for the info!

Got an air compressor kicking around? I store everything in an unheated garage in Canada, just have to blow all the liquid out before I put things away for the night

Thanks guys! If it were simple to store the pump aside from the rig, I would. But that would require some thought and tool time. I'd rather spend it turning a few screws and making beer. Thanks for the info!

Camlocks make the fluid connections easy, unless it's all hard piped...

Can locks are in use with the pump. But the pump is mounted in a hard to reach area and I'm loathe to move it.

Latest posts

Back