Man, bad brewing week for me :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkyl428

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Had to dump a yeast starter earlier in the week, and i just dumped my entire batch on the floor. :mad: I was sanitizing bottles in the other room while i racked to my bottling bucket and when i came back i realized i left the spiggot open:smack: 5 gallons of IPA all over the floor. (smells so good too)What a week! My pipeline is about to take a serious hit... lesson learned i guess funny thing is i could have sworn i made sure i closed the spiggot

It smelled sooo goood too! Now my house smells like a hop bomb.... Thank god for laminate floors i don't think that smell would ever come out of carpet

Grab a straw and start a'sippin'; get a buzz; feel a little better about the whole situation :D

That DOES suck though. I feel the most bad for the wasted beer - imagine how IT feels ;)

The only solution it to buy the equipment to brew 10gal at a time this will get back on track faster. And you get to brew more every time here after.

I leave my spigot open probably 70% of the time but have never spilled more than 12oz or so. Its only a matter of time before I make the same mistake you did. I feel for you.

Yeah, just means i need to make a new batch ASAP!!!! What a tragedy RIP IPA

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xrlf3taEo[/ame]

Back