Looking For An All Electric Brewing Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clawleraz

Reaction score
Whats going on! I am looking to get an entire setup, table, burners, pots, etc. that is all electric. Do you have any recommendations? I am open to 5-20 gallon pots. Thank you in advance.

I have used a panel from theelectricbrewery for 9 years and love it. Paid for itself.

I did eherms for 7 most of those years with keggles.

last year I moved to 25 gallon Concord pots and do full volume overnight mashes and love it. I only use two pots now. I silver soldered all the fittings in.

I have two keggles set for electric if you are near Philly, just sitting on a shelf.

You have an entire world of choices. From coffee urn style systems; think Grainfather and the like... to single kettle electric BIAB rigs like the one made by Clawhammer, Spike, etc. And then there are many two and three vessel systems to look at. I have been using this 3 vessel electric HERMS unit from High Gravity for over a year now and really like it.
https://www.highgravitybrew.com/store/pc/Wort-Hog-5-10-gallon-3-Vessel-445p5064.htm

I can second the electric brewery. Been using one of their systems for 2 years now and it is imho the best designed panel out there

Agree with Jag75. The budget matters quite a bit. Are you looking for an absolute turnkey system or are you willing to piece together?

Contrary to some of the opinions in the thread, I think the electric brewery panel is bloated with a bunch of stuff you don't need using antiquated controllers.

To be honest, the way the OP is phrased, I don't think you know what you're looking for yet. Open to 5-20 gallon kettles? What does that mean? What size batches do you want to brew?

No doubt the electric brewery panel could be enhanced by replacing the controllers. That’s an easy enough swap. What really drew me to them was the high voltage design. Some may say it’s overkill, but I like extra peace of mind having the safety interlocks, etc. some of the newer options certainly work fine, but have fewer failsafes to protect me from being an idiot.

That said, your right about needing to know more to provide a real recommendation. In my case I already had a 3 vessel gas system, so a controller and some elements was all i needed. That’s certainly not the cheapest way to go if your starting from scratch.

Agree with Jag75. The budget matters quite a bit. Are you looking for an absolute turnkey system or are you willing to piece together?

Contrary to some of the opinions in the thread, I think the electric brewery panel is bloated with a bunch of stuff you don't need using antiquated controllers.

To be honest, the way the OP is phrased, I don't think you know what you're looking for yet. Open to 5-20 gallon kettles? What does that mean? What size batches do you want to brew?

The budget is endless if its the right system. I want a fully turnkey system including the table. I am looking at this system below. Thoughts? recommendations? I think 10 gallons is sufficient for home brewing.

https://www.homebrewing.org/10-Gall...ystem-from-Blichmann-Engineering-_p_7801.html

ChecK out High Gravity Brewing out of Tulsa. The Worthog system is a great turn key set up. I put one in my Brewpub.

I have used a panel from theelectricbrewery for 9 years and love it. Paid for itself.

I did eherms for 7 most of those years with keggles.

last year I moved to 25 gallon Concord pots and do full volume overnight mashes and love it. I only use two pots now. I silver soldered all the fittings in.

I have two keggles set for electric if you are near Philly, just sitting on a shelf.

Not sure if that offer is open to others but I am near Philly and also looking into piecing together a larger electric brewery. I'd be willing to purchase those keggles off of you if you're willing to part with them!

@clawleraz, you are going to receive a lot of different opinions and recommendations. I would suggest you continue to research what you really want, what you will not outgrow and what will give you the greatest flexibility and options.

Once you have identified such a system, then I would suggest being patient and wait. With the economic affects of COVID-19, I suspect there will be sales on new equipment as well as many pros and homebrewers selling their used equipment.

@clawleraz, you are going to receive a lot of different opinions and recommendations. I would suggest you continue to research what you really want, what you will not outgrow and what will give you the greatest flexibility and options.

Once you have identified such a system, then I would suggest being patient and wait. With the economic affects of COVID-19, I suspect there will be sales on new equipment as well as many pros and homebrewers selling their used equipment.

Sad but true.

What's your current system? Are you a new brewer, or are you moving on from propane?

You can get an electric system from $150 to $10K. Some people love their 3-vessel systems, and some prefer BIAB. As others have said, a lot of it depends on what you're looking for. Are you only looking into a 3-vessel?

Decide the max batch size you plan on making. 5,10,15 gallons of finished beer? A 10 gallon system will have 10 gallon kettles, but isn’t big enough to make 10 gallons of finished beer. 5-6 gallons of finished beer sure. If you plan on 10 gallons of finished beer you’ll need a 15 gallon system.

Not sure if that offer is open to others but I am near Philly and also looking into piecing together a larger electric brewery. I'd be willing to purchase those keggles off of you if you're willing to part with them!
Sure, should post them for sale, but covid got in the way. Send me an email, [email protected]

Back