E-kettle thermal break/bottom insulation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WI_Wino

Reaction score
I'm getting my e-kettle setup for indoor brewing (steam condensers are awesome!). I'd like to have some sort of thermal break between my kettle and mash tun pots and the stainless steel table the are own. Diameters are 20" and 16". I haven't found any thick silicon or cork pads in those approximate sizes that seem reasonable. I could use multiple smaller pads I guess. Curious what other people are doing?

I was concerned about that myself so I made a wooden stand for my first keggle...it never seemed to mind the heat so when I tested out the 'next' kettle I was building into a 3V rig, I just set it on my formica over particle-wood counter....I hate that counter and was hoping it would destroy the formica..No issues or even minor deformities in the ugly formica whatsoever with an 18" diameter pot-bottom with a 5500W element flat on it.
If you're really concerned, amazon, ebay and Aliexpress have a ton of silicon mats in all sizes...just type in 'silicone mat'

Back