Long time consumer, first time brewer!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keger8tor

Reaction score
Hello all!

My two sons (both early 20's) and I enjoy our kegerator with Yuengling at our hunt and fish cabin in Georgia. (we are from Florida) We have been talking about brewing our own for a while now. We finally brewed our first batch last Sunday.

What a blast! We made it a party of course. I have been watching the bubbler everyday as you can imagine.

I have found a lot of information here and I am sure I will have some questions.
I am looking forward to learning and sharing!

Cheers!

Glad the brewing bug bit you :) I am not into brewing beer (yet) , but I make plenty of wine... Glad you are here :)

Thanks for the welcome!
We kegged and bottled our first batch Saturday. Tried the keg yesterday and we are very pleased! I am even more pleased tonight now that the foam has settled. I have been a beer drinker for decades, but what a difference to enjoy your own creation.
We learned a lot from the first brew, but I am glad it turned out as well as it did!

I can remember way back when, wanting one of those brew kits that probably would have left me discouraged and disappointed.
My sons even tried to buy me one for Christmas once when they were in middle school but the store wouldn’t sell it to them.

Anyway, one of my sons made the observation yesterday that beer brewing is similar to deer hunting.
There are many different methods used and I am sure, many different experiences that could be discussed for hours! I am addicted to brewing much the same as well! Cheers!

Back