Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread and the easy MAW sound like really great ideas. I can't wait to participate when I get enough posts. I've been a casual viewer and information gatherer up until this point. But I think I'll step up my game so I can partake in the fun.

This thread and the easy MAW sound like really great ideas. I can't wait to participate when I get enough posts. I've been a casual viewer and information gatherer up until this point. But I think I'll step up my game so I can partake in the fun.

Pretty open-minded group here, so I wouldn't say persay that the post requirement is 100% enforced. With that said, @pointcity-homebrew started the thread so maybe he would be the one to give the actual blessing (or not).

It's all good. I'm not in any hurry. I'll keep doing my work on the posts and if the thread gets stale, maybe I can offer some assistance.

Thanks guys.

To be honest, it’s setup in a way that should negate the reason for post count. The next person in line mails beer to the person who granted last. They don’t get their grant sent to them until the one they sent out gets verified as received.

To be honest, it’s setup in a way that should negate the reason for post count. The next person in line mails beer to the person who granted last. They don’t get their grant sent to them until the one they sent out gets verified as received.

Actually in the past if you met the requirements the thread moves on as soon as the tracking info is received. When a member didn’t meet the requirements he had to wait to be granted until his package was received.

In NY. Tri-state area so anyone outside of NY/NJ/CT can grant. As other have stated, post count does not really matter. IPAs are my favorite, but also love stouts, porters, etc. Anything other than sours/funky beers works for me.

I’m next to you in PA. If no one grants you in a day or two I will get it. I’m planning on hitting a couple breweries this weekend.

In NY. Tri-state area so anyone outside of NY/NJ/CT can grant. As other have stated, post count does not really matter. IPAs are my favorite, but also love stouts, porters, etc. Anything other than sours/funky beers works for me.

If I’m next afterRick91981 does this mean I need to ship him beer? If so, PM me address if you interested in MS or LA beer.

If I’m next afterRick91981 does this mean I need to ship him beer? If so, PM me address if you interested in MS or LA beer.

It’s all you!!! Send him a pm for his address, ship your package and post here when you give him the tracking info

Yes. If you want to participate, you would ship beer to me. Then you'd be up for the next person in line to send to you. It's basically a pay it forward type of thing. Sometimes it goes quick, other times it takes a month or two. I'll PM you my address.

@TBC looks like @jturman35 is willing to grant so no need for you to do it. Thanks!

I will get these shipped this weekend!

JTurman35 - I got in on the grant without having the 100 post requirement so I would say you're good. Let me know when I'm up again so I can send some good stuff from SC and NC. Nothing like good beer for the holidays...
Cheers!

If the masses are allowing <100 post members to partake, on the condition that their package must be received in order to be granted, then I'll wait my turn in line and gladly participate. Reading through the thread, it looks like this thing is up and humming.

Can't wait to contribute.

Rick91981 Tracking info sent! Should have around the end of the week!

So are you up? Since you're over the 100 post limit, you can be granted, correct? I know that I will not be able to be granted until you receive a package from, but I can send you stuff without limitations, right?

Just making sure I understand the process and not getting too far ahead of myself.

Apologies for the giddiness. This is an awesome way to try stuff from around the country.

:)

Yes, I’m up! I’m not sure if Rick91981 has to confirm he received the package before you ship?

Knowing what I known now about shipping cost the min should be more than 48oz. It cost me $17 just to ship 76oz. Seems like a waste to spend $12-$15 to ship 4 beers?

I think 72oz should be the new min!

@jturman35 has provided the tracking info. Since he has over 100 posts, I believe the rules state he is eligible now before I receive the package. Others may want to chime in with their opinions though.

@jturman35 has provided the tracking info. Since he has over 100 posts, I believe the rules state he is eligible now before I receive the package. Others may want to chime in with their opinions though.

By the rules, he would require trade rating to skip the step of you receiving your beer before the next person ships to him.

Knowing what I known now about shipping cost the min should be more than 48oz. It cost me $17 just to ship 76oz. Seems like a waste to spend $12-$15 to ship 4 beers?

I think 72oz should be the new min!

The minimum was likely so that people could still take part without spending a fortune on beer and shipping combined. That said, many of us have sent quite a few more ounces than the minimum requirement.

I’ve found that setting up a FedEx home account and printing the label prior to dropping off at a FedEx location provides me with the best pricing.

Same here on the pricing.

By the rules, he would require trade rating to skip the step of you receiving your beer before the next person ships to him.

The minimum was likely so that people could still take part without spending a fortune on beer and shipping combined. That said, many of us have sent quite a few more ounces than the minimum requirement.

I’ve found that setting up a FedEx home account and printing the label prior to dropping off at a FedEx location provides me with the best pricing.

Do you package in your own box, or do you use one of FedEx's flat rate boxes?

My own packaging, which is usually comprised of Amazon packaging or other beer trade packaging that I’ve collected. Reuse as much as possible as the cost of packaging at the store is expensive.

I would expect flat rate packaging would cost more. On FedEx site, when preparing shipping label, I have the option to choose what type and enter the packaging dimensions and weight. For most shipments, unless you can ship to the persons work, I choose FedEx Home Delivery with my own packaging as the option.

My own packaging, which is usually comprised of Amazon packaging or other beer trade packaging that I’ve collected. Reuse as much as possible as the cost of packaging at the store is expensive.

I would expect flat rate packaging would cost more. On FedEx site, when preparing shipping label, I have the option to choose what type and enter the packaging dimensions and weight. For most shipments, unless you can ship to the persons work, I choose FedEx Home Delivery with my own packaging as the option.

That's perfect. Thanks so much.

Back