Kegging a beer without putting it in a keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hockeygreg44

Reaction score
I brewed a Bavarian Dunkel today and put it in my keezer to ferment, it's my first lager. The only problem is that I already have 2 kegs in my keezer and my stout is due to go into a keg today. Am I going to run into any problems of I keg the stout and just let it sit out of the keezer? If I do this, should I put any co2 on it? Any help would be great. Thanks!!

Hit it with 20-30psi to make sure you get a good seal on the lid and poppets. Vent a couple times, let it pressurize for a few seconds, and you'll be fine.

Hit it with 20-30psi to make sure you get a good seal on the lid and poppets. Vent a couple times, let it pressurize for a few seconds, and you'll be fine.

Yep, I routinely let big beers age this way. I worried at first that to maintain the seal I might need to keep hitting it with bursts of CO2 as the initial gas was absorbed. I have found that they hold their seal fine with just that initial hit, as there is always an escape of CO2 when I pull the relief valve even months later when they finally go in the keezer.

Latest posts

Back