Keg temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pbjls

Reaction score
Just building my first keezer. I will have 6 taps. 4 for cider and sparkling wine and two for fruit wine. Looking for suggestions for target temperature for keezer.
I have strawberry cider, pineapple cider, cranberry Apple cider, and sparkling peach/raspberry wine.

The wines will be pushed with argon. Golden plum and Black berry/plum.
I have already bottled 3 gallons cherry wine and 6 gallons of strawberry wine this year.

I set the target temp at 40. Put both wines on tap today. The ciders and sparkling wine get kegged next week. Slow carbonated in time for Thanksgiving.

I have a three tap coffin keezer with nothing on tap at the moment. My best repeatable ciders are Tart Cherry Cider, Mixed Berry Cider, Blueberry Cider, and Apple Cider. I'm still working out the ratio of chocolate extract to add to make Cherry Chocolate Cider. I primary 6+ gallons and keg 5 gallons, so I store the leftovers until I have enough to keg a Suicider. I use store bought juice and frozen berries because I'm cheap and lazy.

I like the idea of blending the leftovers!
The chocolate is kinda intimidating.

Yeah, I thought I knew how much chocolate extract to add, but now I have two kegs full of overwhelming chocolate flavor that I going to try to blend down to something drinkable. It may take a while.

The pineapple I made had way too much pineapple and I also did not take OG. Alcohol level was stupid high and almost ruined it. Stabilizing and blending in more apple made it drinkable and taught me a lot. I seem to learn more from mistakes.

Latest posts

Back