Cider from pulp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winesandsuch

Reaction score
I do not own a cider press. I have made wines in the past like haskap (or honey berry), blueberry and raspberry wines. I always ferment on the skins and strain when I bottle. I often can’t be bothered to clarify or rack wines. I wanted to try making cider and when I went to make it I applied the same techniques and even the same wine yeast Lalvin C-1118 sparkling wine yeast. No added water and honey to sweeten and add sugar to be fermented into alcohol. If anything ever needs to be back sweetened I always use honey. The final product was cloudy, boozy and had a nice texture and taste. I served it in a wine glass usually and drank in small doses. I only strained the cider mash once I bottled and carbonated. I can’t find a single recipe for what I was calling apple nectar wine rather than cider.

If anyone has any info or a recipe I can follow, or advice if my mistakes, please let me know. I have another larger batch going because I had some access to free apples and I liked it so......

I used the cheese cloth in the back of he pic to strain, had some sediment but I just pored carefully.

- new to cider and winemaking

Attachments

• CE8B56D4-D8F5-41D1-BD59-58B4E2ADDFDC.jpeg
    CE8B56D4-D8F5-41D1-BD59-58B4E2ADDFDC.jpeg
    765.3 KB · Views: 0
I do not own a cider press. I have made wines in the past like haskap (or honey berry), blueberry and raspberry wines. I always ferment on the skins and strain when I bottle.
Using soft fruits just Isn’t the same as using apples. Look on you tube for super cheap diy press ideas using plastic buckets and a car jack.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back