what canna do with it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ciderlincs

Reaction score
brew cider last year from me own apples, no sugar they was sweet, cooking apples and gala apples,
brew was done and i got drunk off 2 glasses, was good stuff drank 5 litres, i got some in a 2l bottle and added some blackcurrant rocks juice which is clean pure fruit concentrate and was bliss
now its been 6 months i forgot about it in the 2nd ferment-er (after siphoning it to the demijohn to remove the crap, ) sat ther with a carb on top, and another 5 litres in a plastic 5l bottle, they have become very clear like honeyish glow, the one that was partially in the light is alot clearer,

the both taste like cider....but more like a strong wine ? i havent done anything to them, and im unsure how i proceed to pre /drink them now and reduce the wine taste back to cider,

is this when i can add berries and fruit etc to flavour it/sweeten it and add a lil fizz? or mix it back to some apple juice ? or have a ruined it leaving it in the demijon now ? (one has the white flakes on the surface but thats yeast isnt it i can remove)

I haven't adjusted any cider or beer so far along, I don't see why you can't. My only concern would be yeast health, but you can add more if necessary.

I haven't adjusted any cider or beer so far along, I don't see why you can't. My only concern would be yeast health, but you can add more if necessary.
i dont feel i need any more fermenting as such its strong as fk but hoping to bottle it up with some apple juice to dielute it and add back some apply flavour, hoping the sugars natrually occouring should create some fizz in the bottles ?

From some reading I've done, .003 gravity points will give you about 2.5 volumes of carbonation. So determine your current sg, add enough juice to raise it by .003 and that will give you sparkling cider. I don't know if that is enough juice to affect the taste/alcohol level you want or not. Good luck!

i almost never advocate bottling yeast but in this case with the amount of time that has past there is a chance that there is not enough viable yeast in there to carb it up at least not to what you want in a reasonable a mount of time.
i have read its either so4 or so5 makes a decent bottling yeast dont remember which and i know there is at least one yeast i have seen sold specifically for bottle conditioning . possible llalemand

Latest posts

Back