keg lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruizer8

Reaction score
I just got a faucet tower in the mail today and installed it on my mini fridge. Up until today, I have just been using picnic taps with 5 feet of line. With the picnic taps I never had an issue with excessive foam with the regulator set to 10-11 psi. The tower faucet came with the same length of line and I haven't messed with the regulator, but for some reason it is 90% foam coming out. Does it make any sense why it is doing this?

It is just being cooled by the holes I drilled for the lines. I just poured a few beers shortly after installing it and I doubt it had any time to cool down. Hopefully that is all it is.

If you pour a few pints back to back and the foam subsides this is because the lines in the tower aren't at keg temperature and the increase in temp causes the foaming. To decrease foaming in my kegerator I added a tower cooler that uses a computer fan and pushes the cooler fridge temp up the tower. I haven't had an issue since.

The lines are 3/16 which is what the picnic taps have. I poured another beer tonight after the tower has cooled off, but I am still getting over 50% foam. It is subsided quicker for some reason tho. I see a lot of people are using 10" + lines so maybe I will try that out.

How are you cooling your tower? I had almost 30 degrees from the base of the fridge to the top of the tower? Now it's about 2.

Back