keg c02 and beer lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afss

Reaction score
Im working on setting up a keg system. Its a sanke system for kegs and i have a regulator set from a slush machine that i purchased a while ago. The regulator has two valves one with a tree on it that currently has two lines running from it. the taps are like this http://www.homebrewing.org/assets/images/krome_dispense_d_system_stainless_steel_coupler_sanke_one.jpg

the lines are 1/4 inch ID. Are these suitable for pressurising the kegs and if so can i buy some sort of barbed or other fitting that would go on the sankey tap?

The If possible id like to replace the gas back flow rubber valve in the taps, where can i get these?

lastly for now i just plan on using cheap picnic taps until i am sure this is something that i am going to keep up with. What size ID line and length of serving line should i go with. Ive seen different people suggest the length of the serving line can be important as well as the ID?

The kegs and serving lines will be in the fridge, the c02 outside. Any help and info appreciated. My local brew place doesnt have anything to speak of in the way of kegging gear.

1/4 inch are fine for the gas side, and I don't know on the fitting for the Sanke tap, but if it has a fitting screwed into it, you can probably unscrew it, and take it with you to match up with a barb fitting.

3/16 on the serving lines, and I would start with no less than 8 ft. for your pic-a-nic taps............10 ft. wouldn't hurt, and you can always trim as needed.

I use them, and they work well with 6 ft. of 3/16 hose, @ the carb levels I set...........I don't know the "volumes" of CO2, but I know that about 10 PSI works for me, @ about 40-42 degrees.

Back