Keezer temp question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BA_from_GA

Reaction score
Recently finished my keezer, my temp controller (ranco) is set for 38-42 degrees and workedgreat in the keezer before I added the collar. Now the thing runs nonstop and barely holds 40*. My collar is VERY well insulated so that shouldn't be the problem. I have a woods 10cf freezer. Any chance the extra space to cool is overloading it?

What temp is best to serve at,

Did you move the probe ?
When did you plug the freezer back on ? When I first turned on my freezer with 3 kegs full of beer in it, room temperature, it needed quite a bit of time (between 3 hours and a night, I was sleeping so could not tell exactly :p ) to reach the temperature and stop running.

Moved the probe to several spots, have a CPU fan to circulate air, and it's been plugged in since Sunday afternoon.

Do you have any full kegs in the keezer? If not, try adding some since filling it with something liquid (full kegs) will help regulate the temps. An empty keezer has a lot of dead air space and air warms up much quicker than liquid.

5 kegs and a 20lb tank in there.
Finally hit target temp (38*) about an hour ago. Hopefully it willhold steady around there now.

Latest posts

Back