Keezer paneling.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marjen

Reaction score
So I am building a keezer. I was planning on gluing panels to it, to hide it. Now I am reading that I should not do that? I was going to use 1/2 think rustic boards. Wood has like no insulation value so not sure why it would case an issue?

EDIT: So decided just to make this my thread for my keezer build and the changes to my game room into a brew room / bar. So far I have updated the room with some barn wood paneling along one wall, added some shelving to hold my supplies, finished out a cabinet to match the look and just started my keezer build.

I really wanted to put the keezer in the closet behind the room, but there were a group of 2x4s in the wall that interfered with the location i needed to put the taps so I reluctantly decided to build a shell for the keezer in the room. It will give me better access and I am sure will look good, but would have been cool to have the taps in the wall, not sure I like them down low on the keezer.

Will update as I move along.

Last edited:
I decided to actually built a shell that only is attached to the keezer at the collar. The two sides will have about 4 inch gap between the keezer and the boards and the front will have about 3/4" gap. I actually did not like the idea of gluing it on once I thought about it, in case it needs to be worked on for any reason.

Here are some pics.

32815607760_a9e62edb94_k.jpg

32815606420_7fe1927481_k.jpg

32353514694_824a213b87_k.jpg

And a couple pics of my new space!

32353515284_e3a9f13d29_k.jpg

32353515954_7e15e9337d_k.jpg

Just realized this is in the wrong forum, if an admin want to move this to the DIY / keezer forum that would be great.

Back