Keezer Lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullstop22

Reaction score
I just purchased my 5 cu ft holiday freezer at Lowes. I am planning on using a 1x10 for the collar and from what I see I will I will need to remove the plastic liner to get it to attach straight. Is the insulation inside & attached to the liner? Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks that does give me some ideas. I was wondering if any one had worked on this specific freezer the liner is stuck along the edges quite well. Was wondering what kind of mess it was going to be removing it. hoping to reattach as in above link.

Hi

Most freezer lids are put on with snap on fittings through the gasket. It can be a bit of a struggle to pop them out without damage. I have not done that specific brand freezer, but I'd still bet it's done with snap in's.

Bob

Well I started carving tonight. The plastic liner is stuck to a thin rubber strip and that to the lid along the outside. Under the lid is styrofoam so I carved off enough liner & rubber strip to mak way for the collar to lay flat. Lid stayed stuck to styrofoam after attaching the collar I will run a bead of silicone around to cover styrofoam.

Sorry for the late post here. I am currently finishing up a build with this freezer. I ended up building my own lid. I did however reuse the rubber seal and hinges. I only added a 6" collar though because with casters it sits pretty high.

Sorry for the late post here. I am currently finishing up a build with this freezer. I ended up building my own lid. I did however reuse the rubber seal and hinges. I only added a 6" collar though because with casters it sits pretty high.

Hi

I typicaly cut the middle out of the plastic insert, toss out the original insulation (replace it with foam board) and re-use the gasket. Without the rim of the plastic insert, the gasket is a bit tough to get back on.

Bob

Back