Keezer Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wajacobs

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a keezer (a GE chest freezer) controlled by a Johnson A419 controller
it appears that that the controller is working the light come on on the frezzer to say it running bu the temp doesn't drop and it makes no noise at all. Any thoughts?

I search around and found out it's most likely a bad compressor. The compressor makes slight noise in order to pump refrigerant through coolant lines. No sound, then no refrigerant is pumping to cool it. Might have to call a technician.

Damn, thats what I was afraid the answer was going to be. I just read of someone having a similar problem and leaving it unplugged for awhile before plugging it back in and that seemed to work. Something about a vapor lock within the compressor. I'll give that a try, first.

Don't leap to conclusions. Turn if off over night then plug it back in directly without the controller hooked up and leave it alone for at least several hours. If it's not cold by then, it may be dead. If it is getting cold, then the controller may have simply been waiting out it's anti-short cycle delay period or the freezer may be going through a defrost cycle. Be sure that you have your controller parameters set correctly and that the controller is in the cooling mode.

Latest posts

Back