Keezer Freeze

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonas96

Reaction score
Question to throw out for some feedback....I can't seem to keep my keezer from icing up on the inside. My temp is set to around 40F with my temp controller, but inevitably I end up with a very thick wall of ice inside the keezer and I can't seem to figure out what is causing this. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Make sure it closes all the way, put Damp Rid or EvaDry dehumidifier in there, and a small fan to circulate air.

I have the same problem. I let it defrost and wipe it out everyday. But if been reading about installing fans inside them to move air around to keep the condensation from building up. Hope this helps some.

I have a fan running at the top circulating air and I have an EvaDry, but still having issues. I may need to reseal, or try the fan lower to circulate in the obviously colder areas better.

You'll have to let me know if going lower helps. Most post I've read mentioned putting it on top of the hump for the compressor. Thanks for posting your results.

You'll have to let me know if going lower helps. Most post I've read mentioned putting it on top of the hump for the compressor. Thanks for posting your results.

That's what I will try, because that is where my ice issue is. It's just the lower 1/3 of the keezer.

Try turning your freezer dial up a bit so it's not going into hardcore freeze mode every time your temp controller clicks it on.

Also, like everyone else stated, you MUST install a fan inside to circulate the air.

One last thing, make sure to submerge the temperature probe from your controller in water to level out how often your compressor has to spin up.

Try turning your freezer dial up a bit so it's not going into hardcore freeze mode every time your temp controller clicks it on.
Not a refrigeration guy, but pretty sure that the compressor is either on or off. There's no, on a little bit.

One last thing, make sure to submerge the temperature probe from your controller in water to level out how often your compressor has to spin up.
You can set your temperature control to only turn on after a set amount of time regardless of the temperature setting.

You can set your temperature control to only turn on after a set amount of time regardless of the temperature setting.

It depends on your controller. I have mine set to 36 degrees with a 2 degree differential. Time is irrelevant and not even a setting option on mine.

Not a refrigeration guy, but pretty sure that the compressor is either on or off. There's no, on a little bit.

I've taken a basic refrigeration course while I was taking my HRAC course, and this is correct.

Aside from air circulation inside the keezer, what about air circulation OUTSIDE the freezer? Is there dust buildup or pet hair clogging the fins of the evaporator or condensor (the grill where you feel hot or cold air coming from)?

One thing those professors drove into our minds was that the majority of problems stem from airflow through the fins or the filter.

Back