Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopVol

Reaction score
Here is my keezer build from last year. Each chrome circle is covering a hole for future faucets. Im going to be ordering two more faucets next week.

before freezer.jpg

Keezer_1.jpg

Keezer_2.jpg

Keezer_9.jpg

photo (8) - Copy.jpg

Very cool. So did you just paint the fridge? Looks like you added some height to it by putting on a collar, how did you do that?

Was the piece a fridge or freezer? Is a freezer able to keep it at 34F like a fridge would?

Very cool. So did you just paint the fridge? Looks like you added some height to it by putting on a collar, how did you do that?

Was the piece a fridge or freezer? Is a freezer able to keep it at 34F like a fridge would?

Thanks, yes I started with a chest freezer and painted it with appliance spray paint from Home Depot. I removed the lid and made a collar from 2x10's and used liquid nails to set it in place after I drilled my holes and stained it. The lid mounts to the collar so all plumbing and drilling is done to the collar. If this thing ever quits I can get another freezer the same size and move the collar over, or if I wanted I could remove the collar and mount the lid back to the freezer and its a freezer again (but I don't see that happening). I have a Johnson temp controller mounted on the back. The freezer plugs into it and it has a probe that runs through a hole on the collar and will keep it at whatever temp I set it to by turning the freezer on and off.

Nice keezer HopVol! Where'd you get those chrome covers? I've been looking for just the thing to block 2 of 5 faucet holes on my keezer until I build up more equipment.

Nicely done - I'm stuck with a white freezer as well. When my wife suggested painting it I snickered and then saw your fantastic ray of hope.

Three questions:
1. How many coats of paint?
2. How many cans of paint?
3. How'd you color the gasket - or did you replace it with a black one?

Nicely done - I'm stuck with a white freezer as well. When my wife suggested painting it I snickered and then saw your fantastic ray of hope.

Three questions:
1. How many coats of paint?
2. How many cans of paint?
3. How'd you color the gasket - or did you replace it with a black one?

Thanks

1. How many coats of paint? I only did one but its chipped in a few places so it needs another.
2. How many cans of paint? I believe I used three.
3. How'd you color the gasket - or did you replace it with a black one? It came with a black gasket which I thought was odd for a white freezer. I doubt it is the original. You could change yours to a black one or I heard of someone coloring theirs with a black magic marker.

Back