Inkbird ITC-1000 controller heat output question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electricbrew

Reaction score
Hello, not sure if this should go here but I know a lot of people use the ITC-1000 for fermentation control. My question is: how much heat do these units produce? Since they don't have external heatsinks, would I have a problem running three of them in a small (plastic) control box together? It would be tight in the box I'm sure... they would be used to control a few small fountain pumps so they wouldn't be drawing many amps, although one may one day run a mini fridge... any thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

I have an ITC-1000 equivalent (same DIN form factor just different brand) that's been running on my desktop for a couple of years and touching it just now I can say the thermal dissipation is quite small - it's barely warm to the touch in free air in a 70°F room, and a fridge thermometer reading is pretty close to the probe reading (probe ~2 feet away).

mh1210_thermal.jpg

While I'd still be inclined to provide nominal ventilation through an enclosure I suspect they'd do ok without it...

Cheers!

Back