Im Back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay672

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey every1 im back on i moved to Vegas so im up and brewing again. Anyone else here in Vegas its sorta new to me dont know what clubs shops etc might be around Thanks

Hey, A Vegas brewer!
What's up Jay? I'm Talley.

Unfortunately, there is only one pathetic excuse for a brew shop . It's an indoor gardening store (aka growing weed in your closet). It's located at Decatur and O'Bannon, on the NW corner next to Trader Joe's. They suck. Every time I go in there I get disappointed. I went two days ago to buy wine yeast and the guy was a dick. Don't depend on them for supplies. You're better off going through AHS or another mail-order website. They are ok in a pinch if you need an emergency yeast or something like that.

There is one brew club that I have heard of called SNAFU (Southern Nevada Ale Fermenters Union). They meet I think the second Friday of every month at The Freakin' Frog over by UNLV at 7:30pm. I've never gone yet. I'm just a little intimidated, maybe a little shy. I don't know anybody there and I'm kinda new to brewing myself. But let me know if you're ever gonna go, or if you want to go. There is strength in numbers!:eek:

Any other questions feel free to ask, and welcome back to the forum!

:mug:

Hey Talley
Thanks only been in Vegas about a month and now im traveling east for awhile for traing. Id definatly be up to checking out the club i saw the website seems a lil intimidating to me too. Ive been using AHS so i guess ill stick with them. Maybe we can talk a lil and hook up for abeer when im back in town. Thanks
Jay

Sounds good. I use AHS too. They've been good to me. One shipping mishap, which they promptly fixed.

:rockin:

Back