Re-intro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhunde

Reaction score
Hey all, I was a regular here a few years back, starting with extracts, then moving into whole grain with a Robobrew. I stopped brewing a couple of years back, due to a bunch of reasons, mainly age (71 now), burnout, gaining a lot of weight, etc.

I have decided to start brewing once again, but will be doing extracts only at this stage. A couple of reasons for that: 1) Easier, less time consuming, less lifting, getting up off the floor after adjusting the brew kettle, etc., and, quite frankly, I though my extract brews were just as good, possibly better than my all grain brews (or mayber, being 71 yo, my memory is not what it could be LOL).

I will be using exclusively DME, as I remember the hassles of LME. I have a couple of kits ordered from morebeer just to get me back in the swing of things, and then will start buying ingredients and trying different recipes....

Anyways, looking forward to hanging out and learning AGAIN.

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but my better half says I also make a killer Joe's Ancient Orange Mead......I agree, it's good stuff, just not my cuppa......

Lon

Welcome back. I would agree that Extract brewing makes just as good a beer as any. I have thought about going back to extract once in a while for the ease that you pointed out. Enjoy and post away.

Latest posts

Back