IDIOT ALERT [me (Noobs Pointless post 7)]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FifteenTen

Reaction score
Brewing today. I heat my strike water a little over strike temp to heat my mash tun. While stirring to bring the temp down I dropped my thermometer. Instinctively I tried to catch it. I did catch it, but below the surface of the 165 degree water. For those of you who are not aware, 165 degree water is HOT. Point in fact, it's about 165 degrees. Those pre-thermometer brewers of old must have had some very, very think skin on their temperature testing finger(s). I didn't really get burned as I ran in the house and thrust my hand in the Britta pitcher of refrigerated water. The wife was a bit dismayed by that. Lesson learned.

DON'T DO THIS! It really sucks for about 5 minutes.

But then you get the opportunity to kick yourself real hard,which hurts a little more still!

NICE!

If, however you are going to post up every little mis-step, pics of the pissed wife are necessary.

If you do NOT wish to comply with this, then it is not necessary to disclose everything.

If, for example, you are urinating outside and accidentally stumble and dip your junk in the boil, seek medical attention BEFORE posting up here.

Back