I predict a higher than normal traffic day here on HBT today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure that it was isolated to premium members. I remember reading the line that you could also enter through Snail mail if you weren't >= premium

Well,since a good number of choice prizes weren't claimed,I'd say the odds are still pretty good a couple will turn up. Just gave up on feelin all tingly about it. Never had that much luck to win something really cool in my life anyway. Save for winning best in class at my 1st car show. I guess I used up all my cool freeby vouchers on that one. :drunk::D

What are the odds that there will be a prize or two lingering for a final draw this evening?

http://iam.homebrewtalk.com/pdavidc last activity today
http://iam.homebrewtalk.com/HolyGhostBrew last activity 2/24
http://iam.homebrewtalk.com/WhiskeySix last activity today
http://iam.homebrewtalk.com/Smccar2007 last activity yesterday
http://iam.homebrewtalk.com/Woodsie last activity 2/20
Jack Le mail in
Shawn Nicholson mail in
http://iam.homebrewtalk.com/rhoadsrage last activity 3/1
Paul McGovern mail in

i would say a few of those are still going unclaimed. do the mail ins have to claim their prize on the site?

Hookt on Ebonics - Spelling with Snafu

Todays word from psychicbud - Bangor

Lets use it in a sentence "Even tho we went to a fancey restaurant, I didn't want to bangor."

:tank:

i would say a few of those are still going unclaimed. do the mail ins have to claim their prize on the site?

Wow! You did your homework.

According to the Rules, it appears to be up to the winners to contact TxBrew:

" . . Winners will have 24 hours from the time their name is posted to this thread to contact TxBrew via private message or e-mail . . ."

There's still hope.

List is getting smaller for sure. I'm sure most will go tonight 'cept for 1 or 2 I don't know. Was a great drawing non the less.

Revvy said:
So again, any familiar names yet, or all strangers?

Looks like I won the case of Notty. I do use dry yeast quite a bit, but don't know that I'll use a whole case of it, so I'll be sharing with the local homebrew club.

usfmikeb said:
Looks like I won the case of Notty. I do use dry yeast quite a bit, but don't know that I'll use a whole case of it, so I'll be sharing with the local homebrew club.

Way to go! Congrats. That make 2 from this thread.

So again, any familiar names yet, or all strangers?

Imagine the winners were Revvy, LGI, Yooper, Pumbaa, etc. There would be a different outcry.

I don't think of any members here as strangers. Not only have many of these guys posted a lot, they are paying premium members on this forum. They deserve it as much as anyone else. I sense an indignant tone coming from the losers in this thread (except for usfmikeb!)

Doh! You won my Notty! That's ok; I was going to do the same thing if I had won. Very nice of you!

Still rollin' the dice on the keg package.... come on baby; momma needs a draft system..... :ban:

Maybe the drawing should be weighted by the number of posts a member has ( except you Revvy...you'll throw off the curve!). Probably won't matter...I guarantee you that the one day I don't log onto HBT will be the day my name gets drawn!

JLem said:
Maybe the drawing should be weighted by the number of posts a member has ( except you Revvy...you'll throw off the curve!). Probably won't matter...I guarantee you that the one day I don't log onto HBT will be the day my name gets drawn!

The higher the post count the more bandwith being used, ie costs more money to run th site. So lower post count is a plus... this doesn't take into account bandwith for browsing/lurking.

The higher the post count the more bandwith being used, ie costs more money to run th site. So lower post count is a plus... this doesn't take into account bandwith for browsing/lurking.

Sure, I just plotted a line on graph paper... if we all just stop posting and lurking this site will run super-efficiently!!!!

I'm gonna email these important findings to TxBrew right now. :)

Sure, I just plotted a line on graph paper... if we all just stop posting and lurking this site will run super-efficiently!!!!

I'm gonna email these important findings to TxBrew right now. :)

I've always said you're a genius!

Edit: Damn, sorry, Tx, I just ate up some of your bandwidth. Oops, I just did it again. Mea Culpa . . .

i wonder if by winning in the first drawing (Yey, but its bottle filler and i dont keg so :() i lost my chance for the redraws, probably cuz im still waiting for something good :)

I don't think it matters too much at this point man. At least a couple of the names were reqognizable in the re-re-draw. :drunk::mug:

I still hold out hope for Monday. But man, all these redraws and still no win for me. Plus I still didn't get that free Stella glass. If my beer didn't turn out well, I'd say I was one unlucky homebrewer.

Luckily my beer turns out well. :)

Congrats to all winners, known and, well, less known.

Getting closer to the draft system. Member's name starts out same as my last name.... ;)

2 of the 3 havent had any activity since sunday or prior.

looks like these 2 are still up for grabs

Brewlogic Draft System From Midwest Supplies
Carboy Cleaner Kit from Carboy/Kegcleaner.com

unionrdr said:
I can't believe folks aren't monitoring this to see if they won anything. If only to do a quick check...

If TX sent out emails to notify the winners instead of posting in a thread I bet the prizes would be claimed much faster. More work for him tho.

If he even posted the time for the drawings, he might get more people claiming them.

I missed one of the drawings last week and now I don't know when they are doing them at all, since they are already off the original schedule.

Latest posts

Back