I predict a higher than normal traffic day here on HBT today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't win. :-/. I think I'll have a beer and consider myself a winner.

That's what I'm doing. Well, not exactly. I'm not considering YOU a winner. I'm considering ME a winner. But we losers can commiserate. Here's mud in your eye! :mug:

Didn't win. Bernie=Loser :(

Yooper= Loser also.

Oh, well. It's 75 degrees right now in South Texas so I'll go pout on the deck, listen to Neil Young and cast a line out and try to catch a redfish. (That's right. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm WINNING).

Yooper= Loser also.

Oh, well. It's 75 degrees right now in South Texas so I'll go pout on the deck, listen to Neil Young and cast a line out and try to catch a redfish. (That's right. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm WINNING).

Nice! Actually all but the Neil Young. The guy to me is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Oh, BTW, happy birthday a couple days early.........

I lost :( stopped for a beer at the brewpub next door after work. Now I'm gonna go out for margaritas and more beer.

Though many have low post counts, most of 'em have been members for around a year. A couple of 'em predate most of your join dates. The one full name was likely a mail-in entry. Congrats to the winners!

Though many have low post counts, most of 'em have been members for around a year. A couple of 'em predate most of your join dates. The one full name was likely a mail-in entry. Congrats to the winners!

Notable how many of them joined in 2011.

Either membership increased significantly in that year, or the half-life of a member is less than 2 years. Bit of both, I'd guess.

Does anyone know how they will handle the (if any) unclaimed prizes? Another drawing today at 4?

After due concideration,I wonder if my posting in that thread every day messed it up for me? Or maybe just bad karma. Last year,it was the biggest post count,longest thread,etc. I was a noob then,so no go. Random drawing this time,no go. Oh well...guess my kinda luck is still spelled b.a.d..:(

After due concideration,I wonder if my posting in that thread every day messed it up for me? Or maybe just bad karma. Last year,it was the biggest post count,longest thread,etc. I was a noob then,so no go. Random drawing this time,no go. Oh well...guess my kinda luck is still spelled b.a.d..:(

If it was my drawing, I'd just make a list of the posters, number each entry, then use a random number generator to choose the winners. Number and size of posts would be irrelevant.

If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all,
gloom, despair, and agony on me!

lolz. I like the Hee Haw reference. I just had a good feeling about it that didn't pan out. I hope the winners take advantage of such wonderful prizes.

"Limit one entry per person."

If Tx was nice, he threw your name in the hat once. He could just as easily have DQ'd you. You'll have to ask him to find out what really happened.

I thought that since that phraze was printed under the mail in addy part,it was just for mail ins. Dumb move on my part maybe? Guess I figured that since the longest thread,etc wasn't in play this time,that it might work with more than one post in the give away thread. No point in complaining...I'm still a looser like y'all.

I don't know any either!

Man, makes me sick to see some of the sweet prizes that ended up getting forfeited due to no response. Makes me even sicker to STILL not see my name drawn!! :D

Can't say I recognize any of the names either... It's be nice to see a name or three that you see posting a lot.

The flip side to that is, if they don't come here often, they'll be another drawing at 4.... poor guys, I really do feel bad for them once they find out they missed it.

Because the kegging set up is actually meant for me.

Just biding my time until my name is finally picked......:D

I'm going to use my new mash paddle as an excuse to start breaking into all grain!

unionrdr said:
lolz. I like the Hee Haw reference. I just had a good feeling about it that didn't pan out. I hope the winners take advantage of such wonderful prizes.

Can't say I recognize any of the names either... It's be nice to see a name or three that you see posting a lot.

I have PSS, Post Shy Syndrome. Even though I've been a member since October, I only have 4 posts. I'm going to post more often to bring up my count, and make myself more recognizable.

And then when I win in the re-redraw, you can all say. At least one of the names is recognizable.

It is rather curious how names are getting picked with low post counts over significant periods of time. Or that don't post often. Oh well,maybe they want these folks to get more active? Or maybe that's just our luck?...

It is rather curious how names are getting picked with low post counts over significant periods of time. Or that don't post often. Oh well,maybe they want these folks to get more active? Or maybe that's just our luck?...

so you think it was a coincidence that there was a membership sale at the same time? it was an effective way to gain paying membership. make the prizes available to paying members only, and it won't cost you as much if you join now. if you scroll through the pages of the contest there are a ton of people that went premium seemingly for the contest. i think the membership grew immensly during that period, and it was planned that way by the rulers of this fine domain. i'm not complaining, just enlightening.

I've been a lurker here for about a year now. I've been saying that I should support the site by paying for premium. A bit of a discount and the fact that I could enter to win prizes sealed the deal for me and I signed up.

I hope to post more often as I'm stepping in to all grain and have lots of fun questions.

It is simply because there is a large number of members of this board that don't post a lot. Winning the give away may make them more active, but probably not.

Simply as an example, you joined a year ago, and have 9600 posts. Snafu joined nearly 3 years ago and has not even reached 900.

Not getting selected for a prize in a random drawing is just our bad luck. I cannot think that "they" would fix a contest just to make somebody get more active, whoever "they" are.

if you scroll through the pages of the contest there are a ton of people that went premium seemingly for the contest. i think the membership grew immensly during that period, and it was planned that way by the rulers of this fine domain. i'm not complaining, just enlightening.

This is exactly the reason why I finally pulled the trigger and signed up. I had been thinking about it, but the lower price and the contest pushed me over the edge.

It wasn't fixed or rigged. We have over 100,000 members, less than 1% of which are usually active/online at any given time. Though I didn't look it up, I'd venture that 90% of our members have fewer than 10 posts. A lot of folks join just to read.

Simply as an example, you joined a year ago, and have 9600 posts. Snafu joined nearly 3 years ago and has not even reached 900.

Geez, now I feel inadequate. :drunk:

It was a random draw, like Yuri said, 90% of the folks here lurk, no offense.

He knew you'd say that :D

And I knew you'd say that too!

I joined in the beginning of Oct, but decided to pay up as a Christmas present to myself. If I'd only waited just a bit, I could have saved a few bucks, and won a prize.

Wait! That's the conspiracy theorist in me. I'm not being watched. . . . . Or are I?

Well,I was actually just thinkin out loud. No offense intended. And to think I got "A's" in english,comm 1 & 2 in college...damn I hate getting old. Sometimes I look back at a post & think I forgot the posting mom had above the phone that read be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear!! It was just kinda wild at how it all turned out.
And don't feel bad snafu,I'm just an aging post ho' with nothin better to do.
Gotta see if I can find new sincros & blocker rings for my brains' ATX...:drunk:

Back