I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't sleep knowing that this thread is not on my first page of new posts.

Well sleep like a baby now my friend..LOL

Took a GREAT walk with my lovely SWMBO and my night time Cigar buddy..THE MUTT!

Have a good night gents! You too LabRat..LOL

Cheers
Jay

IMG_20150114_114701675_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the last post guys. I was on apple wine. I am giving the last three cases away and have sworn it off.

I haven't slept for three nights. I haven't had a drink in three nights. Tonight I did. I bet I'll sleep. Cheers all.

Sorry for the last post guys. I was on apple wine. I am giving the last three cases away and have sworn it off.

I haven't slept for three nights. I haven't had a drink in three nights. Tonight I did. I bet I'll sleep. Cheers all.

I think there should be a rule that there are no apologies in this thread! LOL

Cheers
Jay

Cheers
Jay

I agree. Also, I scrolled back and didn't see anything to apologize about. I Figure it's the math post but I'm Divided about whether that Adds up. (Now that sentence should require an apology).

Apple wine can certainly sneak up on you.

Cheers
Jay

I agree. Also, I scrolled back and didn't see anything to apologize about. I Figure it's the math post but I'm Divided about whether that Adds up. (Now that sentence should require an apology).

Apple wine can certainly sneak up on you.

You guys are great. This thread is great. I guess we all need to get messed up once in a while. I seem to usually feel guilty and apologetic afterwards. It gets tough up here in the cold dark north in wintertime. Cheers friends.

My hot sauce making late nighters....so I made two fermented hot sauces mostly from my garden. I know I followed the fermenting papers 101 from hotpepper.con or a similar named site. They've fermented 6 to 9 months I lost my notes :( I calibrated my cheapo ph meter and the sauce is at 3. I believe that is safely acidic. I have a canner so I could pressure can it if needed. I have a dozen 4 or 5 oz new hot sauce bottles and I am currently boiling and simmering for the next couple of hours. I think the canning is over kill, but in my hyper sensitivity I smell a slight band aid Cinnamon smell. What do you think?

My hot sauce making late nighters....so I made two fermented hot sauces mostly from my garden. I know I followed the fermenting papers 101 from hotpepper.con or a similar named site. They've fermented 6 to 9 months I lost my notes :( I calibrated my cheapo ph meter and the sauce is at 3. I believe that is safely acidic. I have a canner so I could pressure can it if needed. I have a dozen 4 or 5 oz new hot sauce bottles and I am currently boiling and simmering for the next couple of hours. I think the canning is over kill, but in my hyper sensitivity I smell a slight band aid Cinnamon smell. What do you think?

I think if it's under about pH 4.5 you don't need pressure for canning, just boiling water process.

Hi everybody. Just thought I should let you know I'm not dead.

I've been going through some personal issues. One of the results of that is that I don't drink or brew anymore.

I always make my hotsauce so it has at least a pH of 4.0 or around that. Never had a problem with any of my batches keeping. White vinegar is a hotsauce makers best buddy.

It won't be much longer and I'll be planting pepper seeds from last years crosses. Last year I grew giant ghost peppers alongside trinidad scorpians, and naga viper peppers. I kept all the seeds.

Those peppers were amazing. Wearing gloves was a "must do" while making hotsauce and handling those things. They were so pungent that the blender I used was completely disassembled and washed 4 times and it still makes stuff blended in it seem a bit spicy.

Leadgolem, very glad you alive and if those are the right decisions for you then so be it. I hope you still hang out in this thread.

Chadwicks apparently I can only grow Serrano peppers. My ghosts grew a big plant this year but not fruit.

Hey all. LG, hope everything is good. I've been flying under the radar myself. Barely drinking and no brewing for over a year. Beer or the lack thereof does not necessarily solve problems. If it is the problem, you are a good man to realize that and fix it. Best wishes and Cheer's all!

I guess I'll hop on in here since I work third shift and spend a good amount of time crawling hbt while I'm at it. Especially since you're discussing peppers.

I'm kind of stuck in planning this year, unsure of what to grow. Serrano, japs, and poblanos are a must have, and I'll probably do some Scotties this year, but other than those, I'm undecided. I need one more hot, and two sweets. Suggestions?

Almost 5am, so only two more hours until I can go home and crawl in bed. The weekend can't come soon enough.

I have a good friend that is also my gunsmith, and a minister. While he doesn't partake in my homebrewing adventures (he does not and will not drink) we do find common ground in that we are both chili heads.

Last year I ordered pepper seeds for 3 of the 4 last varieties honored with the mention of being the hottest peppers in the world according to the Guinness Book of World Records. I managed to grow one plant of each variety side-by-side and I harvested the seeds from those peppers.

Today my friend/minister/gunsmith stopped by to pick up those seeds. We expect they will be crosses of each other. And that is what we want. He has a garden and the space to get them started early and give them proper attention. I grew them in pots last year. We plan on continuing the cross breeding of these seeds until we, in many years from now, have our own stable strain which will be a cross of these.

Folks, you simply cannot understand how hot these peppers are. They will make an atheist start praying within minutes. LOL, no pun intended. That isn't our intention. We just like having super hot peppers to make some serious condiments with.

Why am I telling you all this? Well, I just like this time of night on HBT.

Yup. Peppers need some 500 feet or so between varieties to prevent crossing.

No lethal varieties for me. I love peppers but more for the flavors, rather than the rush that comes along with the hottest types. Habs and Scotties are pretty much the limit of what I'm willing to grow. Anything hotter seriously decreases its usefulness to me.

Although I do have lots of respect for those that eat the big boys. That's half insanity, and half awesomeness.

That's intresting. Do certain breeds(? ) types (?) Dominate? I can get Serranos easily. Everything else struggles. My Hab's will generate 3 to 10 pepers then die out. The big pepers grow but never make peppers. Is there any logic to stop growing the Serranos? (I have a small 150ish grow area and hops get perference. I have large pots too.)

Hard to say why you have problems. Are you growing from seeds or plants from a nursery? I don't seem to have trouble with competition between varieties, growing from established plants, but my growing environment is entirely different from yours.

That's intresting. Do certain breeds(? ) types (?) Dominate? I can get Serranos easily. Everything else struggles. My Hab's will generate 3 to 10 pepers then die out. The big pepers grow but never make peppers. Is there any logic to stop growing the Serranos? (I have a small 150ish grow area and hops get perference. I have large pots too.)

I've found that peppers grow and produce better if they are provided with plenty of phosphorus and some sulpher too. A simple way I provide this is by ingiting a pack of matches and then putting the burnt matches in the bottom of the pot I'm transplanting my starts into. Other than that I simply provide plenty of sunlight and water along with the occasional shot of fertilizer.

So it's the start of a new workweek, and somehow I expected work to be better this week. I must be insane.

Do you tell all to a doctor?

As far as I know? The crowd Im familiar with. People do

Not me. Guilt based is mostly why I don't. I know alcohol, nicotine is bad. But those are my pleasures in life. Moderate (whatever that means) to heavy use.

I feel like if I go to a doctor I'll get preached to about alcohol and nicotine abuse. Rightfully so

So I just don't go. Smart- yeah? ;(

In addition to my above post

I'm going on 51. Both parent, were the youngest of their siblings. My dad died age 66, - Mom-62
They
Heavy cancers lot less vices than I have. Y good l

They were really good people.

Good die young and the rest of us just keep going

It would be nice to know how long you'reI
going to last in this life. I'm not big on religion, not to sure I believe in destiny other than the one you(I)ale

My drinking thoughts. It's why I don't often drink anymore.

I can't say I would want to know how long I'll be around. I think it would probably stress me out unnecessarily.

In answer to your question Dan, I dont go to the doctor much. I only go if I am certain I have something bad. Grew up with the "put a dirty rag over it" approach when I hurt myself. True I am only in my mid thirties, but it has worked for me so far. I dont take medicine unless I absolutely have to. I probably will be one of the ones who eventually catches something that had I gone to see a doctor with flulike symptoms could have been caught and treated. Maybe its genetics, maybe it is the fact that I was exposed to other kids more when I was younger, but I seem to be an obnoxiously healthy person. When I go to the doctor, I will be honest with them on whats going on. Working in a field where I diagnose problems (with computers rather than people) knowing all the information is key. I have had several occasions where a problem that could have taked 5 minutes to fix took hours of work because someone did not tell me what I needed to know. I see healthcare the same way.

As for knowing how much longer you have... I would hate to know my expiration date. Knowing you are going to die eventually adds spice to life. Knowing you are going to die tomorrow would just be depressing. Then again you hear all these stories of people who know they have 6 months to live going out and actually living. IMO, enjoy your life. Take care of your health but do not stress overmuch about it. Get some relaxation time in, but get some adventures and excitement as well. All in all be content.

My ramblings just reminded me of this.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI[/ame]

Good advice all of it.

Evening Ladies and germs. Hope you all are doing well. I only know from this thread of course.

Dan, you I worry about. I do think you need to seriously get your **** together. I'm not sure what exactly your sitch is, but maybe PM me and we talk.

The rest of you pukes (ladies excepted, of course), this is for your late nite soundtrack. Groove Armada - Suntoucher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that price includes shipping? Are they pellets? If the answer to the above is yes then I would.

No that does not include shipping and yess they are Pellets. There's 5 other things in the order, so its $1 shipping... Local brew shop is 140 miles away... $1 is worth it IMHO :rockin:

Back