I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Stauff,

Nice to SEE you again. Work is slow now but good prospects coming up. I am enjoying a little time to catch up on projects. I am setting some tile in my bathroom today. It's you that does tile right? If so, come on over...I have plenty of beer and stogies;)

Nice job with the weight loss. I always gain some in the winter. Last few years, It's been tougher to keep my girlish figure. I weigh myself nearly every morning to try to stay on top of it. Seems to help a lot.

Glad you're doing well my friend.

If I lived closer, you can bet I would take you up on that beer and cigar in trade for some tile work.

Thanks for the kudos regarding the weight loss. As of today I'm at 16 lbs lost since New Years day, and I feel pretty good about it.

As my luck would have it I'm spending this Valentine's day alone (not so much luck as it is my reclusive nature these days).. So, I'm sitting here watching WWII documentaries with my true love. A cigar! I'm also enjoying a nice beer that my daughter got me a growler of from a local bar called Quadraceratops.

Cheers friends, and happy Valentine's Day for all you love birds!

IMG_20150214_183549 (2).jpg

Sheesh this thread is about to fall off the first page of my subscribed list. Can't let that happen.

Stauff, I never got a chance to respond but you are about as good looking as I would have expected and you certainly know how to treat a guy...WWII documentaries, beer and cigars. I am a bit jealous. I had to do a bunch of mushy stuff for Valentines Day. I will probably be looking you up next year. The wife can fend for herself.

So, school got cancelled for tomorrow due to "dangerously low temperatures". I really did not notice...it has been sneaking up on us I guess. I have been back and forth from the shop to the house all night. I just put out the thermapen and it registered -23 so yeah, I guess it's cold. Screw it, if the kids get the day off, so do I.

I made a batch of rice in the pressure cooker and a huge pot of asian style veggie soup tonight. I used veggie broth, ginger, garlic, mushrooms, green onion, carrot, sweet peppers, daikon, snap peas and bok choy. I put the bok choy greens in at the end and poached a few eggs on top. Served on some rice with a sprinkle of green onion, a dash of sesame oil and some thai pepper sauce for the adults. I think I am going in for another bowl...

Stay warm everybody.

Cheers.

I might be checking out. I'm an east-coaster, working third shift, so that's the only reason I'm here late nights. I have an interview tomorrow for a new first shift job. If all goes well, I'll rejoin the normal world again.

Hey all,

I stuck a few more tiles to the wall today. I am on the tough ones, around the tub and cutting holes for plumbing along the way. I way overthink this kind of stuff but it seems to turn out well after spending 10x the time a pro would. Anyone use the aluminum Schluter style edging? I got some angled stuff I am planning to use it for a transition to a painted wall and also for the threshold.

Wish I could post some pics or music but my brewshop computer seems to be too far out of date. I'm looking into an upgrade. I'll be around drinking a few beers tonight. Speak up late-nighters. Cheers.

Glad you're doing well my friend.

If I lived closer, you can bet I would take you up on that beer and cigar in trade for some tile work.

Thanks for the kudos regarding the weight loss. As of today I'm at 16 lbs lost since New Years day, and I feel pretty good about it.

As my luck would have it I'm spending this Valentine's day alone (not so much luck as it is my reclusive nature these days).. So, I'm sitting here watching WWII documentaries with my true love. A cigar! I'm also enjoying a nice beer that my daughter got me a growler of from a local bar called Quadraceratops.

Cheers friends, and happy Valentine's Day for all you love birds!

Handsome. Nice cigar!

Hey all,

I stuck a few more tiles to the wall today. I am on the tough ones, around the tub and cutting holes for plumbing along the way. I way overthink this kind of stuff but it seems to turn out well after spending 10x the time a pro would. Anyone use the aluminum Schluter style edging? I got some angled stuff I am planning to use it for a transition to a painted wall and also for the threshold.

Wish I could post some pics or music but my brewshop computer seems to be too far out of date. I'm looking into an upgrade. I'll be around drinking a few beers tonight. Speak up late-nighters. Cheers.

I missed it, what are you tiling?

I missed it, what are you tiling?

A small bathroom. Leaving the old cast iron tub. I am making it much more difficult than it should be but that seems to be the way I roll. About 130 ft2 of tile.

I am going out to the woodshop tomorrow (a joint effort between my dad, brother and myself) to mill the window and door jambs and trim. That is always a treat because my dad likes to pile everything he owns on top of the woodworking equipment so it takes half the day just to get started. I guess it is better than not having any woodworking equipment at all.

Well ****. Must be the beer. To be fair, that was my intent but never posted on my screen as I intended it. FML.

I just read you're on the Board of Directors for Ca Homebrewers!? Wow. That is COOL! I barely got a bucket with some crap in it! I just hope it doesn't taste like dirty socks when it comes out. I guess you've been at it a while?

Nothing wrong with brewing in a bucket. I started in 1986. Doesn't seem so long ago, but I guess it has been awhile.

I really hope I can learn this trade to a fairly well and put out some good hooch. Quite frankly, I really hope to be able keg ever 2 weeks. While I am far from that goal, the resources are in place but I need move soon so I'm limited to a smaller bottling operation. We'll see what it gives us and I can't wait to see what comes out.

What do have brewing now?

Right now I used an LME red ale kit, added a pureed @ 170 for 9 min 3lb pack of blackberries to a 2ndary after 5 days of primary. I CAN'T WAIT for bottling and result. Unfortunately, it's gonna take another month to drink due to bottling..... I can't wait to keg again....:mug:

That sounds intresting. What was pureed at 170?

Yes, sir it was. 170 for 9 minutes and mashed in the pot with both pot and masher sanitized. I'm crazy about sanitizing and still learning to not fear the foam. It still seems counter intuitive to mix any sanitizer with a mixture designed to grow microorganisms. Still, all I'm left with is I'm gonna have to see how it urns out. I fermented the red ale LME kit as advertised for 5 days and moved it to secondary. That's when I did the blackberries. Now I'll set it for 2 more weeks then bottle for 2 weeks and we'll see what we have. I hope.

Handsome. Nice cigar!

Isn't he though? Especially with the cigar;)

Thanks to both of you! The smoke is tricking you by hiding my ugly. I love cigars. I just spent more than I should have on an order online.

So, I'm having one of those lazy Saturdays, where I can't seem to motivate for anything. I did take my dog on a really long one hour walk this morning, but I've been glued to the recliner ever since. I didn't even work the second half of the week, so I'm not so sure why I feel so lazy. Maybe my B12 and coffee will kick in, and I'll get off my butt. And then again, maybe I won't...

Saturday Nite!

Woot! HBT is still STRONG! Our forum is blossoming. What a great place to spend a few minutes. Do you guys/gals know we have 198,500 members? Man, that's a lot of homebrewers.

Hymn to Freedom, 1962. How can any red-blooded American not be attracted to a song with that title. For your late nite soundtrack, let freedom ring with the jazzy piano of Oscar Peterson. (anybody else think this sounds just like Vince Guaraldi?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it I got drunk! Purely by accident, of course. I blame the Shock Top Pretzel Wheat and Newcastle Blonde.

Woot! HBT is still STRONG! Our forum is blossoming. What a great place to spend a few minutes. Do you guys/gals know we have 198,500 members? Man, that's a lot of homebrewers.

Wow! I think it was around 50k when I first signed up. Pretty soon we wont be able to buy beer in stores anymore;)

Damn it I got drunk! Purely by accident, of course. I blame the Shock Top Pretzel Wheat and Newcastle Blonde.

Did you notice that you were posting in "Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling"? I have posted many stupid things under that category. You seemed well in control to me. Try again sometime when you are more drunker.

I had a relatively productive weekend. I got some firewood for the shop that should get me through until spring. Did some tile and fit in drinking a few beers. Also ate too much. I am supposed to be not working but I have nearly a full week coming up.

Kids have a 2-hour delay for school tomorrow because of the cold. It seems like it may be the end of sub-zero temps in a few days judging by the extended forecast. I'm not gettin' out the flip-flops yet but 20's and 30's would be nice.

Cheers all:mug:

Wow! I think it was around 50k when I first signed up. Pretty soon we wont be able to buy beer in stores anymore;)

Did you notice that you were posting in "Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling"? I have posted many stupid things under that category. You seemed well in control to me. Try again sometime when you are more drunker.

I had a relatively productive weekend. I got some firewood for the shop that should get me through until spring. Did some tile and fit in drinking a few beers. Also ate too much. I am supposed to be not working but I have nearly a full week coming up.

Kids have a 2-hour delay for school tomorrow because of the cold. It seems like it may be the end of sub-zero temps in a few days judging by the extended forecast. I'm not gettin' out the flip-flops yet but 20's and 30's would be nice.

Cheers all:mug:

I did notice. Next time I'll double down on the suds and then just start writing a strict stream of consciousness. Challenge Accepted!

As long as your consciousness is mostly nonsenseousness you'll be in the right place. At least I might understand you:mug:

Were I not working tomorrow, I would already be working on that! Ceste la vie. Next weekend though. Maybe you should give us an example to go off of. Hell raising is encouraged, as per your avatar.

Excellent work. Charlie ' s book got me started back in the 80's. I remember building a Zapap. Thanks for the interview.

Edit: did you do the interview on the phone or in person?

By phone. When I contacted him, he said he was travelling that week and couldn't talk. Turns out he was within a mile of me at the time. His father lives near me. We could have met if I had mentioned where I was calling from.

Were I not working tomorrow, I would already be working on that! Ceste la vie. Next weekend though. Maybe you should give us an example to go off of. Hell raising is encouraged, as per your avatar.

Yeah, I'm working tomorrow too. I have my own business so I have no problem going in drunk;) No. Seriously, I never go to work drunk. I start drinking when I get there. It's a write-off then. But to be completely honest, I don't even drink.

You know where my avatar is from right?

The new firewood is great! It's 93 degrees in my shop and I'm about to boil 20 gallons of water that I keep on top the wood stove for some humidity. That will be like a 120 degree temperature change when I head for the house. Hope I survive it...

By phone. When I contacted him, he said he was travelling that week and couldn't talk. Turns out he was within a mile of me at the time. His father lives near me. We could have met if I had mentioned where I was calling from.

So close. I've the fortune and misfortune to work with many celebrities and even past US Presidents. Charlie - I would have been star stuck.

Yeah, I'm working tomorrow too. I have my own business so I have no problem going in drunk;) No. Seriously, I never go to work drunk. I start drinking when I get there. It's a write-off then. But to be completely honest, I don't even drink.

You know where my avatar is from right?

The new firewood is great! It's 93 degrees in my shop and I'm about to boil 20 gallons of water that I keep on top the wood stove for some humidity. That will be like a 120 degree temperature change when I head for the house. Hope I survive it...

I don't know where the avatar is from though I expect I should.... That's great you have your own place. I'd like to own my own business some day. I think that would be great to run your own program. Good on you for being able to take care of your own business on your own.:mug:

That's a bummer. I'm sure he will be back to visit his father again. Maybe a second "live on HBT" interview is in order. Or just kidnap his father...

Back