I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am resting after a long rainy brew day, a cinnamon pale ale, I guess you'd call it.

I'm brewing in the rain, just brewing in the rain, a clip a clop a clip a clop. Sorry about the bad weather, was perfect here, that was until i heard the emergency alert system on the radio telling me a blizzard was coming in, luckily I am done before it hits.

So I went to the Saratoga Beer Festival on Wed. It was ok. The big events were all like 8-5 today. Imagine! Having the big events on Wed, in the middle of the night...ugh.

So I went to the Saratoga Beer Festival on Wed. It was ok. The big events were all like 8-5 today. Imagine! Having the big events on Wed, in the middle of the night...ugh.

That seems a bit odd why did they have it in the middle of the week? Do they normally do it this way?

That's really cool of you Bobbi.

I thought it was really cool of him, to see me crying first, and look at me like he wanted a hug. With all the piercings and stuff, he felt comfortable enough around me. I don't even have my ears pierced! Though I did as a teen, then they closed up. I have friends from all over, from all walks of life. I suppose I am very lucky. In the last 4 days, I've had 3 invites to "come spend a couple nights". But, I'm busy!! You come see me, I say. :p

That seems a bit odd why did they have it in the middle of the week? Do they normally do it this way?

Seems like everything is geared that way. Kids soccer games, cookouts, you name it. Right in the middle of the week at ungodly pre waking hours, not at normal hours like 11 pm or normal days that everyone has off, Like Wednesday.

Seems like everything is geared that way. Kids soccer games, cookouts, you name it. Right in the middle of the week at ungodly pre waking hours, not at normal hours like 11 pm or normal days that everyone has off, Like Wednesday.

Yeah it seems like nothing is ever at the weekends anymore? Maybe this is because people don't want to do anything on the weekend. Or they have to brew on the weekend :D

And I am going to bed so early tonight. I remember going out and raising he!! on Sat night and now I look forward to hitting the sack....To sleep for those of you who have their mind in the gutter....Like me :D

Last edited by a moderator:
After brewing the same old extract kits for 4 years, following every instruction to a T, then finding this site. I have been set free with reckless abandonment!! Cinnamon is so strong, makes me sneeze when I open the lid on the kettle. I had cinnamon cole slaw once and I'm sure cinnamon beer will be better than that. :)
I like cinnamon in my cider, I don't know why it wouldn't be good in a beer.
Because I'm feeling silly tonight ... And because I love Beaker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnT7pT6zCcA&sns=em
Does this count?

Very tired tonight.

Yoohoo.jpg

Anybody else awake?

This is pretty angsty, but the lyrics are ironic tonight.

Does this count?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Wd-Q3F8KM

Very tired tonight.

It takes someone with a twisted mind to do this to one of the Muppets. I like it.............not sure what that says about me.

I'm tired tonight too, even though I slept all day after getting home from another long week at work. Woke up and had something to eat, sat down in the chair and fell asleep again. And now I'm awake but still tired. Bored I guess. Guess I'll poke around on the 'net and see if I can find something interesting until I drift off again.

ruralbrew said:
It takes someone with a twisted mind to do this to one of the Muppets. I like it.............not sure what that says about me.

I'm tired tonight too, even though I slept all day after getting home from another long week at work. Woke up and had something to eat, sat down in the chair and fell asleep again. And now I'm awake but still tired. Bored I guess. Guess I'll poke around on the 'net and see if I can find something interesting until I drift off again.

Twisted muppets happen.
[ame]http://youtu.be/57ta7mkgrOU[/ame]

I see I missed the muppets, poor kermit, I feel bad for him. And a hooker with back pain. LeadG- glad you are feeling better.

<Palm to forehead>

You don't need to tell him.

I thought about this, the guy I want to invite over is this young kid that works at the little restaurant/bar across from the hospital. Everyone says he's so quiet but we get talking about brewing and he gets all animated. People have told me he never opens up like that. Seems to know a lot about brewing. If I try to sneak him in the back way, I'll probably get caught. I can hear hubby now, coming home early, "both of you, step slowly away from the kettle with your hands up". I don't know how he would react if he caught me secretly brewing with another man. :confused:

If it ends up tasting half as good as it smelled brewing, I'll be happy. Tasted a couple spoonfuls of wort and it was delicious. It's bubbling like mad right now. Cinnamon flavor was really strong, but I imagine it will tame down over time.

With all due regard to Kermit, Johnny Cash still has the definitive version.

Is it just me or is this site slower than sloths...counting...tonight?

Not just you, very slow..... JC version will always be the best one, that's a given.

BobbiLynn said:
Not just you, very slow..... JC version will always be the best one, that's a given.

IMO the original version is better than JC. When its audio only you don't see the emotion Cash brought with the video.

My back and neck hurts, speaking of hurting. Bruises on my arms just on the inside above my elbows, the lower portion of biceps. From trying to carry things I have no business trying to carry. Stoop down, grab it, lift with your legs, not your back. It's digging into my skin, can't hardly lift it. Now walk with it, don't fall, balance the weight. Stoop down with legs to set it down. Ouch!!! I'm down to about 115 pounds right now but working on that. Told hubby last night all proud, look, I got some fat growing back in my butt. He said that's not fat. Said if I think I'm fat, I have serious mental problems. But I do think I gained a few pounds since my last doctor visit and looking more curvy. He thinks I'm delusional if I think that. :mad:

The young couple that showed up the other night for beer and cigar night while the husband was a good sized fellow his wife could not have weighed 100 pds. For my tastes that is way to small and skinny.

As much as I would like to brew again I think I am going to take some time off. I just have nowhere to put it anymore. I got enough bottles to bottle today and hopefully get enough bottles empty to bottle the next in in a couple of weeks.

I really need to work on the drinking instead of the brewing for awhile :tank:

I started about 13 gallons the last 3 days. I might have room to start a 3 gallon batch in the next week, but that's it. Got maybe a case of empty bottles, well, unless I look around some more. I'll get back to the drinking part in 10 days, then watch out! I have found myself dreaming about beer. In my dream I kept losing my beer, forgot where I put it and never did get a sip. Every time I would find it, I lost it again.

Also dreamed about the batch bubbling away right now, the cinnamon beer. Had a dream about that box of cereal and a yeast trub I planned to re-use. In my dream it fermented so strongly that beer spewed everywhere. But, in real life, clear liquid is just spewing out of the top of the airlock, no beer spewing. I'll re-fill the airlock as needed.

Not drinking beer has made me think about beer more. How much I want to taste it, how much I want to drink it. Making me thirsty now talking about it.... that special kind of thirsty.

his wife could not have weighed 100 pds. For my tastes that is way to small and skinny.

Hubby doesn't like me skinny either, when he was healthy and cooking all the time, I was 20 pound heavier. Just can't seem to cook for myself like that. And I'm pretty tall so harder to keep weight on. I am deep in thought now... if I were too fat and he kept saying you are too fat, that would upset me like it does the fat people on TV, like that show biggest loser. I can relate, but the opposite and sometimes it's worse. At a restaurant with family all sitting around the table, I have gotten laughed at and berated for being too thin. Everyone thinks it's a big joke to pass me the bread and butter. If I were too fat would they laugh about not passing me the bread and butter? I eat plenty, just can't sit still long enough for it to add up!

Funny thing I weighed 245 a few years ago and then I hurt my back and started drinking again and my weight dropped down to 195. I think it is better to be a little heavy instead of skinny from a health point of view.

Varmintman said:
The young couple that showed up the other night for beer and cigar night while the husband was a good sized fellow his wife could not have weighed 100 pds. For my tastes that is way to small and skinny.

As much as I would like to brew again I think I am going to take some time off. I just have nowhere to put it anymore. I got enough bottles to bottle today and hopefully get enough bottles empty to bottle the next in in a couple of weeks.

I really need to work on the drinking instead of the brewing for awhile :tank:

I'll PM you my address and fix this "problem" for you.

Funny thing I weighed 245 a few years ago and then I hurt my back and started drinking again and my weight dropped down to 195. I think it is better to be a little heavy instead of skinny from a health point of view.

I'm 5'9" and weighted 250 a couple years ago. I was in for a physical with my new internal medicine doc and after getting my height and weight, he asks me to join him at the "chart of doom" (his words) hanging the wall. As I walk over, I told him that I was working on dropping the weight and that I figured my end goal should be 200 lbs. He traces my height on the vertical and my weight on the horizontal and his fingers intersect at 168 lbs.....I looked at him and said, "No way in hell doc! The chart is broken."

I could stand to lose a little more but not trying to lose weight actively. Matter of fact during the winter I turn into a regular couch potato. Man I am looking forward to summer and getting outside more though. I spent some time today outside in the sun just letting it beat down on me and loved it

I could stand to lose a little more but not trying to lose weight actively. Matter of fact during the winter I turn into a regular couch potato. Man I am looking forward to summer and getting outside more though. I spent some time today outside in the sun just letting it beat down on me and loved it

I'm getting close to my goal, but ain't no way that I can get to 168 and still enjoy my HB.

I couldn't gain a pound if I ate a horse. I've weighed 150 since I graduated high school. My Dad's the same way. My Mom, on the other hand, can sniff a snickers bar and gain ten pounds. Sometimes I wish I could gain a little, but in the long run I'll take skinny over fat. My step mother has had knee replacement and my mother is looking at the same thing here soon. Both are on the heavy side. My step mother really needs to lose some. They can only replace knees once, you wear them out, you're done rolling.

Dang I hate you tube. I have no idea how I got to this place in you tube but I could not stop watching it

Back